ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Star wars cockpit replica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Favorthebrave View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Star wars cockpit replica
    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 2:28pm
Hi
I am very new here but really would appreciate your feedback,
I am currently building a replica of the Star wars cockpit cabinet, I have built all the templates just in case I need another and finished the top pieces at the weekend,
I will be starting to make the 2 side front and rear parts this weekend which hopefully should be a bit easier than the top bits.
I would like your feedback on how you think the top bits have turned out so far.
Be kind as this is my first post Smile

BR Tim
mx5dob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:01pm
Amazing work man! 
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:04pm
Wow!

I'm no expert on the intricacies of SW cabs, but I can't see how anyone could be unkind about that. Most impressive.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:06pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:16pm
Thank you for the kind words, is it ok if I post more pics as I go along, I should have hopefully the sides made this weekend which I could post next week.
Is this something everyone on here would be interested in?

BR Tim
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Favorthebrave Favorthebrave wrote:

Thank you for the kind words, is it ok if I post more pics as I go along, I should have hopefully the sides made this weekend which I could post next week.
Is this something everyone on here would be interested in?

Looks great so far! Yes people including me will be interested in seeing your progress - please do keep posting updates!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 11:10am
Hi all,
Just an update.
I managed to make all the side panels using the templates over the weekend, needless to say MDF creates a lot of dust. Below are a couple of photos of where I am at now.

Sunday I managed to get the seat done but I could not get the original style corner piece so had to use a curved piece, I will need to dismantle again to router out the speaker grills and the coin door but hopefully it is going together pretty well.

This weekend I think I will put the speaker grill holes in, the coin door hole and maybe if time allows start the painting after I fill some holes.
Any ideas on what would be best for the paint, I thought of Black silk emulsion but as I an no expert hopefully some of you may have done something similar and you may have better suggestions,
BR Tim
JESSYBR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESSYBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 11:14am
i am liking it so far ,,looks very nice
some good wood skills

gr robert
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
Hi All,

Some further updates from the weekend however I did not receive some parts before the weekend so could not do the speakers or the top vents.
I did however receive the control panel and yoke I won from a top bloke from Ebay but sadly missed out on the bezel.

Below side view with yoke

Close up of yoke

Front of cab without vents fitted yet

I have fitted a blank in place of the bezel to start building a wooden mould for the bezel, hopefully once it is finished I will be able to reproduce a plastic vac formed part that should be very close to the original

Has anyone got any suggestions/experience on what paint I should use for a smooth finish for the sides before I fit the side art,

Thanks
BR Tim
Tony View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:25am
Looking great!
Tony
Luigi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:37am
WOW!

Amazing work, dude! Clap

Are you doing everything by yourself? Some serious tools involved, I guess.

Edited by Luigi - 09 Mar 2020 at 9:38am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:49am
Hi Luigi,

Yes mate, I spent a bit of time making the templates so I can build numerous of these after I have this one finished.
The bezel will be a tester but I have experience in vac forming so I hopefully it should go ok, time will tell with that though.
I am lucky in the fact my garage I have made in to a workshop and a huge summer house that I am building the cab in, this will also become my arcade room when finished.
I have built uprights in the past and even a visual pinball.

The orange one is actually an Atari 2600 woody console with the controls patched in to a 9 pin din connector and the pink is a pandora. These need to be finished but got side tracked with the star wars cab.

The pinball below is 3 screens but I have sold this as I am not so keen on pinball.

BR Tim
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:52am
Thanks buddy,

Much appreciate the yoke and control panel, they fit nice.

BR
BR Tim
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:23am
ah your only 5-10 min up the road from me, not many members from stockton area.
Nice work!
What to buy? what to sell?
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:25am
Looks great so far!
Robbiedog View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 2:54pm
What's the internals, PC, Alan-1?

"Has anyone got any suggestions/experience on what paint I should use for a smooth finish for the sides before I fit the side art, "

My advice would be to thin down the paint before using, it's the only way I have found to get a smooth finish (and lots of sanding). Not sure how you'll do it though as it's best done horizontally for obvious reasons.

Edit to say "it looks amazing so far"

Edited by Robbiedog - 09 Mar 2020 at 2:55pm
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I am blaming you.
mx5dob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx5dob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

ah your only 5-10 min up the road from me, not many members from stockton area.
Nice work!

I'm also in the Teesside area... Guisborough to be precise!
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
Looking good !! I think replicas like these are great , When you have spent time building them you appreciate them more. And also getting to rare and expensive to own an original !! Not as i would i never liked the game. 

Very Close to the original :-

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Dave.

AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
esoteric_rt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esoteric_rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:03pm
Hi, what t-molding did you use for the top portion? 1.5" width

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:40pm
That is truly amazing work!!!!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic