ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Star wars cockpit replica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 7:42am
Hi
Yes this is where I got mine from, I would ask if anyone else needs some to reduce shipping costs.
Shipping was more expensive than the moulding.
However I did not have to pay import duty

BR
BR
Flinnster View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
This looks like it will be one inspirational build! Big smile

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
Favorthebrave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:26pm
Hi All,

Many thanks for the comments.
Would anyone mind if possible helping with some dimensions I need below, this will allow me to create part of the mould for the bezel.

Many thanks
BR
esoteric_rt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esoteric_rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Favorthebrave Favorthebrave wrote:

Hi All,

Would anyone mind if possible helping with some dimensions I need below, this will allow me to create part of the mould for the bezel.

Many thanks 

I don't have precise calipers or anything but here you go:

A = 7cm
B = 4cm
C = 5cm
D = 16.5cm
E = 6cm
F = 4.5cm

Edited by esoteric_rt - 14 Mar 2020 at 4:20am
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 11:13am
This is looking great so far, looking forward to more pics as you go.
I'm fairly handy with woodwork etc but I can't begin to imagine how angry and frustrated I would get trying to take on something like that. There's no way it wouldn't end with me smashing it to pieces in an uncontrollable rage half way through after realising I made a mistake

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:52am
Originally posted by esoteric_rt esoteric_rt wrote:

Hi All,

Many thanks 

I don't have precise calipers or anything but here you go:

A = 7cm
B = 4cm
C = 5cm
D = 16.5cm
E = 6cm
F = 4.5cm

Many thanks esoteric_rt, I really appreciate this. Thank you
BR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:09am
Hi All,

Did a bit more work at the weekend, had to wait while the paint was drying which is a bit of a pain.
Managed to router out the rectangles for the speaker grills, I made a template and manged to router 1mm sub flush to house the grills.
I couldn't get the original grills so used 3mm perforated hole 1mm plate that I painted black, hopefully it still looks similar to the original.
Cut out for the air vents and the coin mech done so this weekend I can fill the screw holes and start to hopefully paint every thing.
Thanks to esoteric_rt for the dimensions, this means I can hopefully start getting the parts for the bezel shape as well. Hopefully if it is ok I may trouble esoteric_rt again for a few more dimensions if possible.

I did get paint over the t slot grooves but the t trim will hide this.

BR
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAC-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:31am
This is fantastic!

You're the man for this job that's for sure.

Keep it going!
esoteric_rt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esoteric_rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:43pm

Thanks to esoteric_rt for the dimensions, this means I can hopefully start getting the parts for the bezel shape as well. Hopefully if it is ok I may trouble esoteric_rt again for a few more dimensions if possible.

No problem, happy to take more measurements for you if needed. I actually planned to build one of these myself but then I was lucky to find an original. Perhaps 1 of only 2 or 3 in our country, I've only ever seen 1 other.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:39pm
Hi All,

I hope you are all safe and keeping well,

I have a couple of updated pictures to share of where I am now.

I did have a nightmare with the side art as the shape is slightly out but I hope you like the latest stage of the build.
Instead of painting the MDF I decided to vinyl wrap it first before fitting the side art

BR
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:03pm
This is look awesome !

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:51pm
Utterly tremendous!
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
Luigi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:55pm

Instead of painting the MDF I decided to vinyl wrap it first before fitting the side art

Wait....what?? Confused

Are there larger versions of the pics available? I'd like to have a closer look Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 59 minutes ago at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Luigi Luigi wrote:

Wait....what?? Confused

Are there larger versions of the pics available? I'd like to have a closer look Wink

Hi Luigi,

I will take some close ups for you, the wrap gave a smoother finish rather than paint.
BR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favorthebrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 57 minutes ago at 1:03pm
Hi All,

Would you be so kind to help with the dimensions below please, ?

BR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic