Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Stools/Seats for Candy Cabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

Yep, that's the one. All you have to do is ask for a slightly higher stool, as these are a little low as standard.

Can I ask what height yours are?

cheers
Tony

Yep, no worries. They are 45cm in height, which is perfect for my Sega Blast City.

The guy is very accommodating and as they are made to order, it's easy enough for him.
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:10pm
Maybe with a Dino King you might get away with a bit lower.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:14pm
Std chair height is fine here. Before I got stools I was using a mix of normal chairs and my office chair (I have two cabs behind me where I work).

There's probably some furniture design ergonomics magic values in play here, but all the chairs are 44cm high to the seating area, and the stools are 45cm high. Wink
Dino CP edge is 72cm high off the floor.

Edited by Flinnster - 14 Sep 2017 at 5:16pm

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Std chair height is fine here. Before I got stools I was using a mix of normal chairs and my office chair (I have two cabs behind me where I work).

There's probably some furniture design ergonomics magic values in play here, but all the chairs are 44cm high to the seating area, and the stools are 45cm high. Wink
Dino CP edge is 72cm high off the floor.

Yeah, I followed Japanese Candy Stool height, which I think average out at 45cm.

Perfect size on the Blast!
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:19pm
Funny enough, I have a Dino King, but it's being converted, so I ve not used the stools yet with it.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:20pm

Needless to say Tony but this bit got totally ignored, so I'll just say 'nice one, nice one!' Thumbs Up (Did you jamma convert it?)

I grabbed Rich's(chunksin) Dino  
Which he PI 'd ... I changed the control panel from a 6 button to one of Vic's 3 button panels as my hand lay across the 4th button when doing PacMan .... but its a great little machine Big smile
WANTED -> Buck Rogers PCB, Atari TimePilot, BurgerTime
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:32pm
Aha... I know it well. I had to keep rebooting it at Revival as the controls were doing an odd shortcut thing there and remapping buttons (I think Rich fixed it subsequently though!).

What you have there is a high resolution hybrid terminator of a Dino King of course, you have the added benefit of playing vertical games at native resolution! :)

I honestly lose track of who has what on these mini-cabs now with Muddy's latest haul earlier in the summer (I guess your's is one of those Jag?). I shall have to start a thread so everyone can post up what they have and what they've done to 'em! Big smile

Edited by Flinnster - 14 Sep 2017 at 5:34pm

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 6:20pm
Yeah the controls work great and haven't had to reboot it ... only weird thing is that it randomly adds credits which is great cuz I don't need to keep pressing the credit button LOL 

I wanna put the pi on my network so I can access it remotely .. something I'll do when I have a spare day or 2... 
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:03pm

I bought these bad boys for my candy cabs and I love them!

I've had my eye on these for a long time! Keep hoping someone will get them for a nice Christmas present but still waiting LOL
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 2:51pm
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 9:17pm

Aha... I know it well. I had to keep rebooting it at Revival as the controls were doing an odd shortcut thing there and remapping buttons (I think Rich fixed it subsequently though!).

What you have there is a high resolution hybrid terminator of a Dino King of course, you have the added benefit of playing vertical games at native resolution! :)

I honestly lose track of who has what on these mini-cabs now with Muddy's latest haul earlier in the summer (I guess your's is one of those Jag?). I shall have to start a thread so everyone can post up what they have and what they've done to 'em! Big smile

Yep, I got mine from Olly in July I think it was. I have a CP from Vic and Olly is doing me a set of Golden Axe Artwork. I have all the bits, I just need to get my arse in gear and convert it! Hopefully next week. I will post some pictures when I am done.
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

I bought these bad boys for my candy cabs and I love them!

I've had my eye on these for a long time! Keep hoping someone will get them for a nice Christmas present but still waiting LOL

They are well worth it Olly! But alas, maybe you've been on the naughty list!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic