Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:40am
Hey All

Am curious to what peoples highest score is on Street fighter 2 Champion Edition without losing a game is, i remember as a kid i was pretty good and hit 1.3 million on the hardest setting and am trying to get back there and want to give myself a challenge.

Look forward to the responses 

strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 1:20pm
1.3 million thats really good!
I normally get to bison and lose lol. Sometimes i beat him first time, seem to end up with about 700000 every time.

Download the arcade sidekick app. Keeps scores :)

Edited by strykr - 23 Apr 2020 at 1:21pm
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
sicoe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:42am
Yes i was pretty good at it in my day, hitting around the 1 million mark now so going to try and amp it up a bit

will download the app sounds good Tongue
KevW24601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevW24601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 9:01pm
At my local Barcade before the Covid Lockdown: 1,433,800. That was by getting 21 / 24 perfects.

When playing for score nowadays, I usually average 1.1 - 1.2 million. I know most of the AI exploits when using Ryu / Ken so it varies depending on execution and on how co-operative the AI is. My best scores have been with Ryu, but I've also hit 1.1 mil with Ken and 1.05 with Bison (his Psycho Crusher is busted in CE).

Honda, Chun-Li, Zangief, Blanka and Guile generally are the easiest to double perfect because you can trap them in repetitive patterns with zoning (Hadoken - Sweep for Honda + Blanka, Hadoken - Fierce Punch for Zangief, Chun 9/10 times will jump at you if you tap jab and you can make Guile Flash Kick if you do a Dragon Punch just outside of footsies range, then you punish). Against Ken, Ryu and Dhalsim it's trickier because while they have best practices to use against them, they're not foolproof. So that's where the luck comes in and it's better if you get them earlier in the fight ladder. 

Sagat is the trickiest boss to double perfect because he can very quickly "chip" you with the low Tiger Shot or sometimes he likes to walk up to you and do Tiger Uppercut at point blank range for no other reason than to be contemptible. It's easier (but no guarantee) if he starts the fight with a Tiger Shot then you jump in, punish and work him into the corner to get him into a loop of Tiger Shot Punish.

I haven't figured out yet the one best exploit for Vega, but he tends to fall for jumping roundhouses and cross-up hurricanes. He also likes to do the corner jump a lot so that's an easy counter. Most annoying thing is if he keeps doing the Wall Climb and it eats into the time bonus.

Balrog is the easiest exploitable boss because his AI does not block attacks on wake-up and he rarely blocks low attacks. Better to use the lighter hits because if you do fierce, sometimes he may grab you mid combo for the headbutt. Can use a hurricane exploit in corner to catch him in a loop.

Bison is also very exploitable, falls for neutral jumping roundhouse a lot. If you catch him in the corner, you can use the same hurricane exploit as Balrog. Main thing to watch out for with Bison is that his attack patterns change after taking 50% damage.

I must also let it be said I hate that barrel bonus stage. The hitboxes of the barrels can be random and if you miss one, you don't get the bonus and it kills your pace.

I think around 700 - 800k is quite decent for a "normal" game without using the exploits and getting a few decent perfects under the belt.

It's a very strange way to play Street Fighter, so I'm glad I found other people in this section that play it for score. :D 

Edited by KevW24601 - 11 Jun 2020 at 9:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic