FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Streets of Rage 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Streets of Rage 4
    Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 7:44pm
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:05pm
The FMV sequence looked pretty good to be honest with the neon lights and the city views but for me it all went wrong when they showed the gameplay. I'm pleased it's not in 3D but don't really like the art style, would much prefer a follow on to games of old but much more detail, larger sprites and other animations happening in the background etc. 
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:07pm
Who’s doing the music?
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:26pm
Yeah, not a fan on that comic art style tbh....   
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
Call me an Auld C**T, but I love it :D
We are the 45
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
I've come around to love it too, especially now with the composers who's onboard.
Most wanted PCBs: Ghouls N Ghosts, Splaterhouse, Rainbow Islands & Bubble Bobble
Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 9:31am
I do not like the fact they made Axel look like a homeless bum, But other than that the art style has grown on me, the game play looks tight and now Yuzo is on board with the music.....

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:37am
Out now. Anyone tried it?

Rather decent on first impressions, I’d say. Way better than just a fan tribute.
bbz149 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:44am
Just D/L it now Wink
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:50am
Looks nice but boring a sin after about 20 minutes.

Easy to play and the only difficulty is working out the bugs.

2 is better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:54am
Well it’s never going to have the effect the originals did, I guess. Will play it a bit more later. For £20 it’s ok, wouldn’t pay for a physical switch copy.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:59am
It’s free on Xbox game pass.

Which should have been a warning in itself
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Great on PC really enjoying it.
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:20pm
Its great on the switch, played it for 4 is hours and like it alot.

Yuzo Koshiro is an fantastic composer.
Right, off to play some more Maximum tune 3 which he also composed the music for.
Warrior needs food badly!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:29pm
How much of this does he do the music for? It’s decent but not as mind-blowing as the originals were.
Gets better when it’s not trying to sound like the old games.

Someone should pay Lone to do the soundtrack to a game like this.

Edited by John Bennett - 02 May 2020 at 12:31pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:32pm
I pre-ordered the limited run physical for PS4, but was overjoyed to be able to download it for free on XBOX Game Pass (Which I have a trial for at the moment).

Downloaded it shortly at 10am release time on Thursday and played it from 16:30 after work until 21:30 in the evening with the odd break to eat etc. 

I got to the last stage and final boss before calling it a night. I really enjoyed the time I had on the game and will be coming back to it time and time again I'm sure. 
Most wanted PCBs: Ghouls N Ghosts, Splaterhouse, Rainbow Islands & Bubble Bobble
Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 1:00pm
I am playing on PS4 and loving it, Haven't experienced any bugs or glitches at all.
But its hard!
It has a pretty big emphasis on recognising the patterns of enemies, button mashing on its own wont cut it.

I have completed it on normal and up to stage 10 on hard mode which currently is kicking my ass hard!!

neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Looks great to me. Would like a Dreamcast or Saturn release, keep it Sega
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Titchgamer Titchgamer wrote:

I am playing on PS4 and loving it, Haven't experienced any bugs or glitches at all.
But its hard!
It has a pretty big emphasis on recognising the patterns of enemies, button mashing on its own wont cut it.

I have completed it on normal and up to stage 10 on hard mode which currently is kicking my ass hard!!

Wow you're doing better than me - I'm struggling on normal on my first play through. Embarrassed
Wanted: Space
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 9:29am
Finished the main game and unlocked a few things

The music is ok, but it was always going to be hard to like it as Sor2 is my all time fave game music!
it's nice that they allow you to have the retro sound track though :)
the fighting is great and feels like a streets of rage game bit of a shame there's no run or dodge though
Details in the graphics are very nice but im not liking the way everyone look fat compared to the original trilogy.
the retro levels area cool though when you discover how to play them :)

Looking for More Space!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic