ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

stuck edge connector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stuck edge connector
    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Help needed,  I want to check the power supply voltages and repair a broken pin on the edge connector,   I am trying to remove the blue edge connector from the plastic part, it is really stuck on there, and I don't want to damage anything, any tips and tricks to remove it ?  thanks.
BraveDave View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BraveDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:36pm
Wow that’s a mess! Could well be stuck together with solder or glue even. Or maybe just stuck with corrosion. If I were you I’d check voltages/continuity while it’s all together. And repair/bypass the pin while it’s in place too.

Or failing that if your quite techni-capable cut that mess out completely and attach a new edge connector and make a new converter/adapter. Might not be possible to desolder all the wires from the edge connector without causing damage though.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:00pm
I'd try loosening it with Servisol contact cleaner. If you haven't got any, WD40 would probably do the job. Give it a liberal spraying and let it soak in for half an hour.
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:55pm
As above i would go for wd40 or contact cleaner
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic