ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Stupid Ringwide questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Ringwide questions
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:05pm
As some of you know, I bought a very large Let's Go Jungle cabinet, which is a Lindbergh game.
The sequel, Let's Go Island, is a Ringwide game. Can I run that in the same cabinet, with the same positional guns? It looks like it in the Let's Go Island manual, but I have no idea. Smile
I see that a seller on eBay has cheap Let's Go Island discs for Ringwide, but he doesn't sell the security dongle/chip. Is that difficult to find? Is the install process the same as with Lindbergh, just connect a USB DVD player and install the game?
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:29pm
Just trying a bump, maybe someone sees it on the front page. Embarrassed
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
Well, I know you can replace a Lindbergh with a Ringedge without any modifications in an Initial D4 cabinet, so if the I/O boards are the same in the 2 'Lets Go' games I would think it would work. I'm purely guessing though!

Finding a standalone Keychip would be difficult, you would probably be best waiting for a whole RingWide PC with the keychip. Even then, it's not a game that appears very often.

As for installing games, it's basically the same as Lindbergh. When installing ID7 I used a normal USB DVD player with a Type A OTG USB adapter:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CY-USB-2-0-OTG-Cable-Mini-A-Type-Male-to-USB-Female-Host-for-Sony-Handycam/263126318601

It rebooted quite a few times but it installed fine for me.
Insert Coin[s]
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:52pm
Without the dongle the disks are worthless.

Isn't a RingWide a satellite unit that needs a server to work anyway - RingEdge is the standalone unit.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:54pm
Thanks! Thumbs Up
I have found a RingWide with the wrong keychip (and the game disc on eBay that I mentioned), but as you said it may be difficult to find the correct chip. I'm considering to take the chance that someone can reprogram it, or else I may need to check Yahoo Japan every week for a long time.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:57pm
I don't think that RingWide is only a satellite unit. Or if it is, it's just for some games. But Lindbergh is the same, it works as a satellite for some games (like Star Horse)?
I believe that RingWide has flash based storage and onboard graphics, and I'm quite sure that Let's Go Island doesn't utilize any master/satellite setup.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Without the dongle the disks are worthless.

Isn't a RingWide a satellite unit that needs a server to work anyway - RingEdge is the standalone unit.

Sega released 2 versions of 'Ring' hardware.
RingWide has a lower spec than Ringedge and is not just for a satellite/server usage, basically Ringwide was used for less demanding games.

Ringwide uses integrated AMD graphics and Ringedge uses a Nvidia 9600GS which is why there are incompatibilities with some games when using Teknoparrot with AMD or Nvidia. As long as you have a keychip then you can get cracked games, but apparently the guy who offers that pirating service is not cheap.

You can use a normal PC with Teknoparrot and hook it up to the existing hardware in your cab with a bit of effort, Tinchen has done that with Initial D6 into his ID4 cab and he said it plays fine.

Edited by Vamino - 16 Jan 2018 at 9:14pm
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic