ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

System 573 and Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System 573 and Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ
    Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 8:27am
I have a System 573, the analog blue box. It came with Dance Dance Revolution CD, key etc.
Can it somehow be converted to Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ?
I guess it's not easy finding the CD and security key? How about a bootleg CD, does that even exist?
From what I have read there are also non-CD versions of this game. Does that mean that I can burn ROMs and run without a CD?
I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm very new to this system. Embarrassed

Does it require any additional IO boards, or do the buttons plug directly into the 573 mainboard?

virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 8:30am
If this can be done, I'll be slapping my machine around with Bishi too!

I have Konami Classics on mine (the only other good game apart from Bishi on that system)
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
AndyGeezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndyGeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 9:35am
Bootleg CD do exists for all the DDR mixes, so I'd guess Bish and Konami Classics exist.

Would be nice as I have a DDR PCB here myself, doing not a lot..
Andy Geezer - AGS - www.andygeezerservices.com
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:16am
Ok, I will ask around. Because a bootleg CD should do the trick, right? No need for anything else?

AndyGeezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyGeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:27am
indeed, bootleg CD removes the security cart (and in case of DDR the dancepad I/O checks - so you can play it on a Jamma cab!)
Andy Geezer - AGS - www.andygeezerservices.com
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:48pm
Can the roms from Mame be burnt onto a cdr, or is that just too easy a hack?

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:46pm
I finally had the chance to test this. I'm sad to report that my System 573 has issues, so I didn't get far. It was not even able to load the original DDR disc that came with it.
Everything looks fine during the boot process until it's trying to load the CD, and then I get a CDR error message and the system reboots. The cdrom player is quite noisy, and it seems a bit unstable. It looks and sounds like it is able to read discs sometimes, but then it reboots and tries again.. and then I just get the error message.

I decided to test the cdrom player, so I connected it to my laptop with a usb-ide interface. It's very noisy, but it works without any issues with the PC.
So I need to figure out what's wrong with my System 573 before I can continue. First I'll try to find another compatible cdrom or dvd player.. which is also able to read cd-r discs.
I hope the problem is not the System 573 itself. I got it from Japan, and I paid quite a lot for it.

This should be working in a standard JAMMA cabinet, right? With just the JAMMA connector and no extra power source or anything?

Sometimes it feels like all my game hardware is ganging up on me and decides to stop working at the same time. Thumbs Down

ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 12:23am
If I remember rightly I think you have to use a certain type of drive as the replacement as it's to do with drive spin downs and that you need a model that doesn't.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:51am
Yes. I'll search for a suitable replacement. Now I'm just using the drive that came with it, which I believe is the original.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 4:57pm
I got one of the recommended drives, and I got rid of the error message. But it doesn't boot, even with the original DDR disc. First it says DRIVE CHECK and then it says READ PROGRAM for a very short time. Then the system reboots. I don't see that any dip switches are wrong, so I'm starting to wonder if the motherboard is faulty?
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:01pm
Do I need a PCMCIA card to install Bishi Bashi?
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:27pm
It was just the 5V. How embarassing..
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 7:28pm
It's installing Bishi Bashi, but it quits after approximately 10%, complaining about the cd. I will try to write different brands of cds.
Sorry for all the updates, I was posting as I went along.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:48pm
It works! Big smile
I successfully converted the System 573 from DDR to Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ!

It's the Japanese 3 player version, so I am very satisfied.

The trouble I had was:
  • Too low 5V, so the cdrom drive didn't work properly.
  • Changed cdrom drive.
  • New drive didn't work properly with the System 573.

Solution: Adjusted the 5V quite high and went back to the original drive.

I have already purchased the buttons, so now I just need to make a Bishi Bashi control panel. Smile
I have a lot of other projects to finish first, though.. Embarrassed

virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:03pm
I'd like to know exactly how you did this.

I have a konami 80s classics and would possibly like to play bishi on it too.

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:14pm
I made two CDs and booted them. No magic involved, I don't know anything about this system.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:18pm
Did you just burn the chds from mame?

Check out the podcast

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:20pm
No, I don't think that would work. I used some other cd images.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic