ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Trade Only
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Taito Fastio PCB + RFID reader for Taito JVS PCB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Taito Fastio PCB + RFID reader for Taito JVS PCB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taito Fastio PCB + RFID reader for Taito JVS PCB
    Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:50am
I need to convert one of my fastio Vewlix's to JVS.

I have available :-

FASTIO PCB + RFID reader and the blue surround (fits in place of the square black cover)

What I want :-

Taito JVS PCB (the one that fits inside the control panel).

FanDabbyDozy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanDabbyDozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:18pm
Hi

Does the RF ID reader have any use?

Also do you need fast io to play nesica games on Nikos x2 multi, or are they made to run with standard JVS?

Thanks
thegreathopper View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreathopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by FanDabbyDozy FanDabbyDozy wrote:

Hi

Does the RF ID reader have any use?

Also do you need fast io to play nesica games on Nikos x2 multi, or are they made to run with standard JVS?

Thanks

Standard JVS
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 5:25pm
Think V2 of Niko's multi works with either.

Some original TTX3 gsmes wont boot without a card reader attached but there is an rfid emulator being worked on.

My problem is that namco 256 & naomi are jvs only and I have fastio. If I could get windows to recognise fastio as inputs then that might be handy...
steling1 View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 8:04pm
I have a Vewlix C that came as fast I/O, I must have spent months and months looking for an original Taito JVS on ebay/yaj etc etc & when I found someone that had one it was like £200 which is a lot imo....so when I gave up on that I made one up from a cheaper and much easier to find Sega JVS i/o instead...

I had a jamma loom which I then made up connectors on the wires to plug straight into the plugs that are from the buttons on the vewlix cp...for power the sega ones need just 5v wheras the vewlix fast i/o ones are 12v (I think that was it as thats from memory, but the sega is def 5v and it doesnt need the 12v line wired up to work).

So finally to top if off I put in a hobby ubec inline to drop the fast i/o's voltage line from 12v to 5v so it can runs the sega JVS i/o and it works great no probs....

Heres a pic for reference, if you have no luck finding a taito jvs then this is a good second option, the sega jvs i/o can go in the same place the fast i/o is currently...

Edited by steling1 - 07 May 2020 at 8:10pm
--------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a New Versus City cab...any leads on one let me know :-)
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:35am
I can also offer Lord of Vermilion Universal IO PCB - K91X1245A

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic