Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Taito Space Chaser? (invadar)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taito Space Chaser? (invadar)
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:31pm
This was from the Pete Davies collection, looks to have been a space chaser but converted to pacman boot. The Toei monitor is faulty! Would ideally like to fix this (have tried)

Question is restore to space chaser? No game board and 1 cpo missing!

Or make it a jamma cab?

Seems to have most of it's own gubbins

P.S the mold has long since been cleaned off!

big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:40pm
I guess keeping it original is always best, but also depends on how feasible/costly that's going to be. Also, if you plan to sell it on, it'll probably be easier and more saleable if it's JAMMA?
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:00am
Depends what you do with it when done

Its nice to keep things original and i like to see machines reastored but if its not really useable then maybe not. Are the joysticks only 2 way, if so thats first issue and how they play pac-man? that limits games that can be played huge. One button also

If there are enough pins you could make adaptor to jamma maybe. Lot better cabs wired for

What about making some or get some new control panels made up with 8 way sticks and have 3 buttons, get olly to do some artwork from original so looks authentic

With no pcb, depends how easy to get one i guess. If its wired for jamma and it can play original game on multi board or with Pi fitted then then its next best thing.

Guessing original game isnt really sort after
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:52am
Thanks guys, it might already be jamma wired? has an adapter loom to the pac board, the sticks are 4 way I think. Might do a sympathetic restore to look like chaser with correct cpo's (if I can find the missing one) but keep it 4 way 1 button for other games?

Cheers Ronnie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic