Tatsumi Buggy Boy PCB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tatsumi Buggy Boy PCB
    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:31pm
Single screen version. Good condition. Unique pinout so untested.

Thanks
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:45pm

Not many around and even less cabs, bet your 3 screen is quite a few times harder to find board set for

£120-150?

Picked up some paperwork on the Junior single cab, same company that made my Crossbow machine, some nice Photo's not seen anywhere else and flyer
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
Its the "Untested" that worries me. Its a rare ish PCB but is it a rare scrap PCB ?? Basically we have no clue - I would say £50-£80 as untested as its a risk. Just my opinion though !

Dave.

Edited by TheDaddy - 14 Jan 2020 at 8:33pm
AKA Wonderboy.
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:44pm
To the right person probably around £300 untested.

Ultra rare.

Edited by Equites - 14 Jan 2020 at 8:45pm
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
Phil Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:03pm
Around £100 untested isn't unreasonable for the single screen version. Got any photos?
Long-winded repair logs: http://philwip.com
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:09pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TATSUMI-Buggy-Boy-Arcade-PCB-Tested-Working-Great-Cond-3-monitors/192883909347?hash=item2ce8c6e2e3:g:1iIAAOSwGJ5cqmp3

Just realised that's 3 screen boardShocked, which is probably 5x as rare as Single boards. That's not even sold at just over £300 and shown working

The boards aren't going to come up for sale often now but also there aren't many people with a machine to buy it, I don't need it as I've got about 4 total, the one in the machine worked on first bootup and was perfect, 2nd bootup 30 mins later ERROR 31 or something and that was it

Nothing to stop someone buying it and putting in another Driving cab though

Working board to the someone that has non working machine I'd say £250-300 but if it lasts as long as mine you'd be mad, guess that was just chip that broke down having not been powered up for so long so probably just bad luck

Does it not connect to the 3 screen cab and just work on one monitor?  could of tested it if you were closer and I could get to my machine

Edited by Bods - 14 Jan 2020 at 9:14pm
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
Yeah selling it as I want the three screen PCB. You noticed also it's the three screen version.

Anyhow I just BIN'd it incase I lost it. So this single is deffo up for sale. Shame the connectors are slightly different to the three screen version. Would have been nice to test it on the machine.

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:46pm
I'll get some pix of the single screen PCB up at the weekend dudes. Sooner if I can

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:55am
I hadnt noticed till second time i looked and copied link and as i dont often read things properly, was quite surprised to be honest and if i had super cool 3 screen i'd been hittin the buy button myself

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:40am
Chris have you still got the buggy boy jr?
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by AnDyC AnDyC wrote:

Yep it's still here AndySmile  as I've said a few times probablyLOL it worked the first time, died the 2nd which was shame, still need to sort it out, got everything to make it complete and hopefully working.

Just getting round to sorted stuff now to make space so I can get these machines up and running
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Originally posted by AnDyC AnDyC wrote:

Yep it's still here Andy
Just getting round to sorted stuff now to make space so I can get these machines up and running

Good man

Edited by AnDyC - 15 Jan 2020 at 10:47am
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:07pm
Just to Add, I bought the machine from AndyC

Totally honest guy, said he'd never tested it as no power supply, true to his word when I took psu out Chase HQ and powered it up, came on working perfect.

Not seen on Arcade Flyers yet but I found one on ebay so now Buggy Boy Junior Flyer to scan and add sometime

ianski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:50pm
Cool cab!
Got any pics of yours?
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:33pm
I am sure I saw that cab at Andy,s once, came from Camber Sands originally if I recall.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

came from Camber Sands originally if I recall.

Naw it came from an op somewhere else in sussex
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by ianski ianski wrote:

Cool cab!
Got any pics of yours?

There are a couple of pics on the net from when I got it. want to make the seat part to go on it so it looks like the flyer

Anyone remember when Arcade Museum description said it was some sequel to the original game

Has wrong steering wheel and shifter which I've got now to replace it and coin doors sorted
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:18pm
I didn't realise Buggy Boy was so rare, although I've only seen one that I used to play on as a kid (single screen version).

Is the single screen one always called 'Buggy Boy Junior'? I always knew it as Buggy Boy, don't remember the Junior part on the one I played.

I'm pretty sure the one I played on had the seat, although I don't remember the roll cage. I can remember playing it in The Pavillion at Burnham-on-Sea, and exactly where it was in the building, but can't recall the cabinet itself very well at all.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
Yeah all Single Screen called Junior

I assume they called it Junior because the original machines were 3 screen so then they make smaller cabs for smaller places, doesn't make sense adding Junior though when game same really, also with it saying NEW it indicates they made this at later date

Electrocoin did the Barline Jamma cabs and Single Site Op Wolf, sega with Outrun Mini

Sega Also did Hang-On Jnr, not sure if the game is different or not, some here will know

Edited by Bods - 16 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 3:29pm

Yeah all Single Screen called Junior

Cool thanks, didn't know that.

Sega Also did Hang-On Jnr, not sure if the game is different or not, some here will know

Yeah Hang-On Jnr is a different game. I've only played it in MAME but it looks like it is Master System hardware or similar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic