Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Tehkan Pheonix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tehkan Pheonix
    Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:59pm
I have this cabinet which I thought was Tank Battalion but it looks like it was a Tehkan Pheonix, all of it's bits are gone apart from the marquee, it has been converted to ghosts and goblins I peeled that marquee to reveal the pheonix one, here how it should look

Bearing in mind it has no sideart cpo or bezel for this game I think converting it back might be impossible! I had thought about doing it as Namco Galaxian as Olly has all the artwork to do it, I like to keep things original what do you think guys?

Cheers Ronnie

OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL View Drop Down
Will gyrate for Gyruss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:27pm
Well im a huge Phoenix fan so i'd say take the harder longer path and make it back into a Phoenix.

Thats just my opinion though :D
CHICKEN! FIGHT LIKE A ROBOT!
https://www.ataricollectors.co.uk
www.zaccaria.co.uk
WANTED: Gyruss Control Panel ANY condition.
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:32pm
I love Pheonix too but I fear it's a bridge too far! I wonder if anyone has a machine?
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:34pm
I've seen that version before. It's a bootleg Phoenix using a copy of a Namco cabinet. It would have had side art too originally. I'll see if I can find pics.
silverfox0786 View Drop Down
Beware the Hillman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox0786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:36pm
best person to have pics is victor

he has a book

which he still has to give me the ISBN for
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:42pm
This was found on Dragons Lair Forum recently, and I've another one here in the last few months I'm sure.

Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

I've seen that version before. It's a bootleg Phoenix using a copy of a Namco cabinet. It would have had side art too originally. I'll see if I can find pics.

Thanks Olly was it not  a re fit of a Namco cab? as I had Olivers Puck-Man here and the cabs are identical!

see what you can dig up as it will either be Galaxian or Pheonix depending on what's available to me

Thanks Ronnie
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:57pm
PaulS owns that Phoenix, maybe he can make scans?
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

PaulS owns that Phoenix, maybe he can make scans?

Well if that could be done I would rather put it back to that, can anyone have a word with him? at least I have the Marquee and the dip sheetLOL
PaulSwan View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
ZZZ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:45pm
Yeah, that's my cab. It has no side art, just plain white, so the artwork is just the one-piece monitor plexi/cp and the marque.

I know it's a Tehkan cab - the original purchase letter from Deith in was inside mine.

The CP is a bit of pain to remove, but I should be able to scan it over the summer if you decide to restore.

Paul.
ZZZ
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:19pm
The book is American and that Phoenix isn't in there.

The ISBN is 0-7643-1925-6

(Yes, it's the same number as in the picture I sent to your Phone, Sarj!)
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by PaulSwan PaulSwan wrote:

Yeah, that's my cab. It has no side art, just plain white, so the artwork is just the one-piece monitor plexi/cp and the marque.

I know it's a Tehkan cab - the original purchase letter from Deith in was inside mine.

The CP is a bit of pain to remove, but I should be able to scan it over the summer if you decide to restore.

Paul.

Thanks Paul, my marquee has Tehkan on it, will take a pic, if you could scan the bezel and Olly can get the sides it could be a goer!

Cheers Ronnie

P.S the monitor thread is for this cab too!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:47pm
I was convinced it was a boot, especially as it was a Namco cab! Well all the more reason to restore it back to original then
silverfox0786 View Drop Down
Beware the Hillman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox0786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:13am
that's a fantastic side arted cab

sell it to me Ronnie so i can restore it

love that side art

@Vic the ISBNs in the pics you sent me direct me to the 2 Nintendo books
and you said you would text me the isbn for the cab book but must have forgotten

Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:32am
Here is the Marquee after an hour of scrubbing the sh..t glue grud paint etc off it, having said that so glad they were lazy and just stuck the ghosts n goblins one over it rather than fitting a new bit of perspex! will post pics of cab soon

OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL View Drop Down
Will gyrate for Gyruss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:48am
That looks amazing!

Cant wait to see more pics

So is it decided? Is it going to be a Phoenix restoration?
CHICKEN! FIGHT LIKE A ROBOT!
https://www.ataricollectors.co.uk
www.zaccaria.co.uk
WANTED: Gyruss Control Panel ANY condition.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:51am
Sand it, make it a Galaga TongueLOL
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL OTTOTHEMADANDEVIL wrote:

That looks amazing!

Cant wait to see more pics

So is it decided? Is it going to be a Phoenix restoration?

That would be the proffered choice if I can get the sideart and bezel done by Olly then yes
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:17am
Right as you can see it needs a bit of TLCLOL but it's very much do able and looks exactly like Paul's cab above so I'm very sure that's how it started life

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:28am
That's a big project for sure. Looking at the pic of the bezel it looks more generic as it's got Puckman and Rally-X art on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic