ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Tehkan World Cup Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:00am
Fantastic stuff Ben. Keep posting the updates dude.......I can't wait to see this up and running TWCThumbs Up
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:02pm
Original PCB up and running:

The inputs are going to be a pain to test because obviously you need a trackball and the kick buttons don't work unless you are running, so I'll have to wire up a track ball for both sides to make sure it is working correctly

Also 19" monitor is sorted ready to go into the cab Thumbs Up
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:48pm
New side pic:

jacaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

The sideart and CPO artwork has been vectored by another member singyuk, so it's not really for me to decide whether it should be distributed.

Myself and Big Phil are paying for the monitor bezel to be vectored so giving that away for free also might be a bit of an issue

I have searched for a long time without success the arts of the tehkan world cup. I'm very interested in getting the arts of these  sideart and CPO artwork.

Is there a way to get them even if you are paying an amount for them
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by jacaba jacaba wrote:

I have searched for a long time without success the arts of the tehkan world cup. I'm very interested in getting the arts of these  sideart and CPO artwork.

You will need to ask singyuk about the sideart and cpo, as they are his files
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:20pm
T-moulding is now on the cabinet Thumbs Up

Virtvic has been helping me out with the correct screw US sizes, so I can tap the threads and bolt the CP to the cabinet.  It uses a wacky 10-24 bolt Confused

Edited by Purity - 20 Mar 2018 at 5:21pm
jacaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

Originally posted by jacaba jacaba wrote:

You will need to ask singyuk about the sideart and cpo, as they are his files

thank you, I going to try to contact with him
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:48pm
-Coin doors back on properly
-T-moulding done
-Control panels bolted down

Definately taking shape now Wink

Many thanks to Virtvic for helping me out with the US sizes of bolts required for the cabinet

I had to re-tap the threads as they had been damaged by someone putting in the wrong size screws.  Probably UK screws in US holes
jacaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:50am
great work , purity.  You arcade going to be incredible.
could you detail the measurements of the cabinet? I'd like built the cabinet by myself
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:04pm
There are some measurements in the manual:

http://www.arcadecollectors.co.uk/techinfo/arcade-manuals/

If you need any other measurements I cannot really help because my cabinet is a Dunk Shot cabinet and the size is different to that of the original Tehkan World Cup.  This is why I've had to have custom control panels etc
jacaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:54pm
Thanks so much. I think that it can be enough.
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:11pm
Bezel pieces are looking awesome!

Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:17pm
Looks quality Ben Going to look great.
Out of room but always room for one more !
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:19pm
Thumbs Up

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
Artwork is inbound Smile

shrunkenmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:23pm
That looks great!

Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:27pm
Did a bit more on this tonight.  Removed the double sided tape on the monitor shield.  This still needs a good polish with Novus as it has quite a few scratches on.  Hopefully this will get those out

I've placed the artwork on the shield and the outer bezel on the shelf above.  I probably need to add some small shelves so make sure this is flat rather than being floppy in the middle and it *should* look like the bezel is floating....need to have a think about this

The outer bezel is usually stuck onto the glass but because the glass is curved it makes it very difficult.  This was the next best thing I could think of.

Here's a couple of pics with the glass off

Edited by Purity - 26 Apr 2018 at 10:32pm
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:35pm
I cut out a rigid plastic correx frame to put under the outer bezel and it now looks how I wanted it with a floating effect Smile

Edited by Purity - 28 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
phillv85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:47pm
Looking great that Ben, good work
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 12:37pm
Thanks Phil Thumbs Up

Side art is now on the cab.  Doesn't look too bad at all:

Edited by Purity - 29 Apr 2018 at 12:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic