ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ten Pence #155 is Out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Pence #155 is Out!
    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 12:33pm
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
onepunchrob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onepunchrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
Another great podcast guys!

I really liked Galaga 88 and will be playing it some more on an actual cab.  Looking forward to playing Pengo too.  It's one game I've always wanted to try but for some reason always walk past it in Arcade Club.

Shaun, do you have any info on the Dark Skies thing you went to?  I've been wanting to do that with the family.  Is there a website or something?

Thanks,

Rob.
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:27am
Great podcast guys! Smile

Just to clarify about the VStereo Vectrex mod:
- it is true stereo (not mono piped to both speakers). Internal sound channels A,B & C from the AY IC are being mixed into stereo.
- there are no wires to solder (Vic's model is an early prototype)
- it sadly does not include the bacon grilling feature that Shaun wants
NES4Life
-------------
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 9:54am
Hi Rob. Here's a link: https:////forestryandland.gov.scot/visit/forest-parks/galloway-forest-park/dark-skies
After speaking to a few people, it seems I was very lucky to have a clear sky see the Milky Way two nights running. 

Phil - it's a known fact that most Vectrex owners will tuck into a bacon sandwich just before or after playing, so please look into implementing that feature. Thanks mate xxx
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 4:53pm
Great podcast chaps, the wasp pen banter did make me laugh.

Since lockdown and been stuck working at home, I've had no commute so had got far behind, shame as I've missed out on quite a few games I'd loved to have joined in on.  Anyhow I am now update, had a few days cramming them in.

The book Vic mentions in the most recent episode is Supercade 2, I've also backed that one, the original was also back on amazon fairly cheap at £15 recently, so rebought that one too.

Right I am off to go and dust my Space Invaders Trimline cab, mahhahahah.  To be honest I was slightly tempted with regards to the Centipede cabaret as it's a game I love, but I have a Euro Millipede cab and multi-kit so have no need for it.

Stay safe gents, I look forward to the next show, hopefully I'll get a score in on that.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:47pm
Thanks for the Podcast Guys. Another goodun.

Interesting to hear about your Scottish adventures.

Even more interesting to hear that Kilsyth is now a holiday destination. How times have changed! Still, back in the day, it did have more arcade machines than you could shake a degaussing coil at. Way back in 19-diddly-quat, there was a proper arcade, two smaller gamesrooms with 3 or 4 machines each, not to mention the cabs in chippies and corner shops. It was infested with them!

If only someone with more time and energy than me could start up some kind of 'Historical Arcade Directory', where we could park all these nostalgic nuggets.

I didn't get in to this show's game until rather late in the day. To begin with, I really liked it. Simple but effective graphics, with nice, bright colours; catchy feem-toon; and challenging dynamic with a surprising depth of gameplay. Trying to line those diamonds up while avoiding the 'bees' was actually pretty good fun....  until the score-chasing bug-kicked in! Temporary ten-pence effect? Maybe. Think I'll have to come back to it later and give it another try.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic