ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ten Pence #90 - Fantasy Zone II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Pence #90 - Fantasy Zone II
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm
Like a dirty secret, it's out! Yes kiddies, podcast no. 90 is available now. Available from  http://tenpencearcade.co.uk/iTunes, or the Deli counter at Waitrose.

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
silversmurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversmurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm
Nice podcast boys to ease us into the holiday season - Pantasy Zone Too - didn't like it .....
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:14pm
It may have been my fault that it's at Waitrose...

Embarrassed
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:35pm
Was it a week ago, blimey, I downloaded last night thinking it was bang fresh.  I played Fantasy zone for about 20mins and agree with Shauns view on it.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Fantazia2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:32am
Excellent podcast as usual. 

I have a theory about the game width issues that was mentioned for the 19in1 (and the 60in1 ) jamma boards.

What I'm guessing is happening is that in CGA mode its running in a 320x240 resolution so its half the 640x480 of the VGA mode and that the games have scaling turned off. 

I checked the resolution of a few of the games on mamedb.org and found the following

Defender  294 x 238
Robotron  292 x 240
Vs Super Mario 256 x 240
Solomons Key  256 x 224

As you can see they are all close to having the 240 vertical resolution but vary a fair bit in horizontal, with a couple having close to a square resolution hence the narrow image.
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:56am
Just finished my second listen of podcast #90... one of the few benefits of having a terrible memory! First listen was on a delayed train ... second listen lying under a palm tree on holiday... definitely improves the experience!

Those Chunksin Pi boards sound very interesting... I need summats like that for my Jamma cab so I can play all the 10p games instead of one in every 10! Keep the updates on that coming, live the idea of creating a perfect horizontal and vertical setup.
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
Haha! I do this too, for the same reason!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:16am
I need to catch up, missed the last few podcasts so I'm working backwards starting with this one ;)
Wireless headphones FTW! I listened while I had my head in the bottom of the most recent cab I'm working on, and while outside sawing MDF panels - ruddy perfect!

I'm with Vic on the hate of retro gaming on flat panel tvs. Still loving 28" CRT as my main TV with retro consoles connected.
Also trying to get myself pi-box sorted now, as I've already played with attractmode before, so I fancy doing some more custom themes for my cabs too.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic