ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ten Pence Podcast #124 is out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Pence Podcast #124 is out!
    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 6:43pm
We're back with the first show of 2019 and what a great show it is /was /could've been. 
Huge thanks to the SIXTY-ONE PLAYERS who took part in our Gyruss high score contest. 

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
Woohoo! Commute saved.
NES4Life
-------------
An arcade tech - not a gamer
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:57pm
Hi guys,

Been bladdy ages since I left you fiends any feedback, so have this!!

Firstly, and most importantly, you guys rock. Still my favourite arcade and biscuit podcast on the airwaves! It must eat into your time guys, but it is wholly appreciated, so give yourselves a pat on the back and settle down for the next 100 episodes!

The idea of covering some ‘alternative games’ is welcomed. There have been a few discussions about some great games, that have not been featured because of the controls, etc, but we can normally find a way to muddle through somehow. You could even ‘possibly’ hint at the game on an earlier cast, to allow for a controller to be sourced/adapted/made? Oh and definitely think you should have ‘another’ game running alongside, so as not to alienate anyone that cannot play the spinner/driver/trackball/twinstick game, etc.

Is it too early to talk about 2019’s events? Hope not, ‘cause here I go. For me this year is all about Revival in June. I’ve yet to experience this event, mainly due to work clashes, but have only ever heard great things. So this year, the on-call is dodged, the leave is booked, and I will be there for the full weekend.

My other goal this year, where you guys (well maybe one of you) could help, is to up my tech skills. I am pants and have so far managed to just about muddle through. I wish there was a course entitled something similar to “Electronics, Electrics and Arcade Maintenance for Dummies and Noobs”. I liked your tech section, which seems to have fallen through the cracks, it taught me many things I did not know about jam!

Thanks again guys, you make me laugh. Hope to see you at AC and Revival.

Mr 20to5
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
Evoga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:32pm
The podcast needs a laugh track so I know when to laugh as it’s too complicated working out jokes such as chesty coffee.
swisstoni View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swisstoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 3:01pm
Great podcast again guys keep up the good work
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:09pm
Evoga - I always know when a daft joke has occured because I see Shaun's stoopid beardy chops wobble up and down and a funny noise comes out of him.

I do a weird 'snorty' noise sometimes...
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
mappy24 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mappy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:17pm
There's jokes in this? LOL
Rog69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:34pm
Another great podcast guys, Gyruss is my favourite arcade game, narrowly beating the mighty Space Firebird to my number one spot. I was so annoyed after finally getting the time to rack up a score worth submitting, I realised that the deadline had passed.

On a recent trip to arcade club I found that it definitely plays better for me on a Monroe stick vs the mag-stik on my Mame cab. I was doing really well on the original cab until Shaun sold me too much beer!
Nik73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Great episode boys and thanks for introducing me to another belter of a game. I knew Gyruss, but never had more than a couple of goes and never on a real cab. Maybe why I didn’t find the controls difficult, just seemed natural to rotate it rather than move it, if that makes sense.
Really surprised you don’t like this Vic, think you’re the only one from all the comments. I love Galaxian and Galaga, but never seem to be able to get much better at them, no matter how much I play. With Gyruss, it was great figuring things out myself and the lightbulb moments where you realise how to do certain things to get a better score or make a section easier.
I did reach a point where I was taking risks to get better scores, but losing lives a lot more. Thing was, every time it felt fair and I knew exactly why I’d died and how to (theoretically) avoid it next time. Definitely a new favourite for me.

I firmly believe there are two types of people in this world. Those who giggle at Uranus jokes and and those at roll their eyes and sigh at them. Similar with mention of a blue/great tit or a certain other word that Vic innocently used in this episode.

Edited by Nik73 - 02 Feb 2019 at 8:14pm
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:26am
Missed this feedback, Nik. Will read it out on the next show.
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic