Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Terminator 2 sound board not detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbakedarcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terminator 2 sound board not detected
    Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 2:30pm
Hi

I have an original dedicated T2 cab that has problems with the sound board. In the diagnostics it says IRQ not detected. 12v and 5v are detected on the sound board connector.

I have tried swapping for an nba jam sound board I had, though unknown working order and it does the same thing.

Anyone have any pointers to help?

Thanks
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:22pm
Try swapping out the ribbon cable, they can go sometimes and swapping the soundboard out won't change that.
channel27 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Try swapping out the ribbon cable, they can go sometimes and swapping the soundboard out won't change that.

Mine suffers from this on occasion, and I can confirm that if I fiddle with the ribbon cable it starts working again. I really should just get a new one...
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
handbakedarcade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbakedarcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm
I have swapped the ribbon cable and still nothing. Though that ribbon cable was from a smash TV that also has a similar issue...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic