Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

The Arcade Experience in Cambridge - Event Date: 02 Sep 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:06am
Many thanks to all involved pulling this together, was a great night with great company and great games, Bombjack is a new favourite!
Sinisteve View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinisteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:38pm
Great catching up with everyone and many thanks to those organising, top work
TORMATIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TORMATIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:05pm
Had a great time at my first meeting, thanks to all the guys that organised the event, it was great to hear Gorf's voice again.
RetroDave Nintendo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroDave Nintendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:17pm

Edited by RetroDave Nintendo - 03 Sep 2017 at 4:18pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroDave Nintendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:18pm
Was great to meet you and some other members for the first time.

Originally posted by Nes4life Nes4life wrote:

Was an awesome event! Big thanks to everyone who attended.

Here's some photos:
http://imgur.com/a/wiA5P
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:28pm
Great venue, great chat, great games, and great beer. Really enjoyable night. Massive thanks to Phil and the rest of the guys for organising the event. Definitely worth the distance travelled.

Originally posted by TORMATIC TORMATIC wrote:

Had a great time at my first meeting, thanks to all the guys that organised the event, it was great to hear Gorf's voice again.

Good to meet you Dave, and amazing to think that your father and then you owned the arcade in the caravan park at the bottom of the village I grew up in. I used to cycle down there often. Interesting to hear your stories, especially that your father turned down buying smash hit Tank in 1974 (boo!), but backed a winner by getting Sprint One in 1978 (yay!).
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
bountybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bountybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:28pm
Was great yesterday, big thanks to all who organised it and those who took cabs. Couldn't make the evening in the end but got there about 2pm for a few hours and met a few vaccers, and played a few games. Lots of fun and the time flew by.
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:45pm
Sounds like you all had a great time, all the cabs lit up look great. Sorry I didn't make it in the end!
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroDave Nintendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by bountybob bountybob wrote:

Was great yesterday, big thanks to all who organised it and those who took cabs. Couldn't make the evening in the end but got there about 2pm for a few hours and met a few vaccers, and played a few games. Lots of fun and the time flew by.

Hey Mark was great to meet you, discuss and play some Popeye yesterday :)
bountybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bountybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by RetroDave Nintendo RetroDave Nintendo wrote:

Definitely was and I'll be putting in some practice for the next time, cheers for the tips Smile . 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroDave Nintendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by RetroDave Nintendo RetroDave Nintendo wrote:

Definitely was and I'll be putting in some practice for the next time, cheers for the tips Smile . 

That's great and no worries :) Hopefully you can make it to Arcade Club on the 14th October.

Edited by RetroDave Nintendo - 03 Sep 2017 at 5:11pm
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:44pm
Some pics from the event... didn't take many as was busy chatting and actually playing games... did ok, for me, at BombJack with 200K... really enjoyed Ianski's Jungle King and played a bit of Tempest before it went down...  Great venue, well run, nice crowd, nice beer (and strong cider... Mr Holley how was your head?!!)

Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Looks like a good time. Nice one!

Was that Titan cab from Phill's Kent raid? Great to see that getting some love again.
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:31pm
Yeah the Titan was from the Kent raid! Will has brought it back to life. Great to see it running and played with.
It suits bombjack well.
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
ianski View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:40pm
Thanks to everyone who came and those who brought games, there was an awesome atmosphere and the banter was top class! Hung over most of the day today though.
Had a couple of cab casualties but was great to see them getting a lot of love. Really looking forward to the next meet.
I have some photos so I'll stick them up soon.
Looking for: Nice working monitors for my US games.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:06pm
Was a cracking meet.
tricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:40pm
Thanks for making me welcome and for allowing me to sneak my beeb into the classroom :)
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by tricky tricky wrote:

Thanks for making me welcome and for allowing me to sneak my beeb into the classroom :)

Amazing stuff you're doing on the Beeb Richard... just crazy!  Nice to meet you (I'm Chris btw. the Vectrex coding guy in the Donkey Kong/Vans T-shirt)
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:00pm
This was an awesome event. Great for us southerners!
I'll bring a cab myself next time!
Or maybe I should leave the car empty for future purchases?
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:21pm
Another weekend arcade blur! I swear these events need to be 10 times longer for me to stand any hope of chatting to everyone, taking any photos and fitting in game playing too. Plenty of folk I saw in the background for a fleeting moment and then never saw them again to say hello to (again!)

Cheers for the beers and chat, project parts, all the classics, fish tales and love for the mini cabs.
You know we'd drunk the bar dry of both lager and cider before midnight? Top job! Thumbs Up
Next one we need a bigger stash of alcohol, and a longer lock-in Wink

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic