ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

The "cool arcade pix" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 50515253>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SaraAB87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaraAB87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 4:34am
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

Not seen one of these before. Cool looking cockpit:

Someone tells me we had this one up here, however I do not remember it personally. I would love to play the spinning one however, that one looks awesome.
CraigG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 7:48am
Never seen one of those before! That looks awesome tho!
Rone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:30am
what the vf3 Thing in Background, maybe i pay for that...

btw, this a usa cab, we had one to in the past...

Edited by Rone - 25 Jan 2017 at 9:31am
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:01pm

From a family photo album…

Sega Turbo with a StarWars cockpit behind

Forget ET’s glowing finger, checkout the Space Harrier behind. 

The only other photos had some fruites in and no more videos. I've been told they were taken in Southsea.

Edited by smarty - 16 Apr 2017 at 7:02pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Atari Return of the Jedi upright.
Atari Pole Position euro cab.
SaraAB87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaraAB87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:16am
ET ride is cool, never saw that here. The space harrier is the cockpit moving one, very cool, nice to see one from an old picture in the wild.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:03pm
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

Centipede Cabaret spotted on episode of Diffrent Strokes:

Missile5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:42am
Those kids really lucked-out when they got taken in by Mr Drummond!

The arcade machine I remember most from a film is seeing Outrun in the scene in "Big" (Tom Hanks film) where he first finds the Zoltar machine.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:51am
Great to see those Pics Smarty Smile

I asked if we have any pics from holidays that might have arcades in, but don't think we have any, real shame
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Jacques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Boeds Boeds wrote:

Great to see those Pics Smarty Smile

I asked if we have any pics from holidays that might buy this phen24 and have arcades in, but don't think we have any, real shame

Great pics in this thread. I love seeing the old ones.

Edited by Jacques - 22 Jan 2018 at 9:47am
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Are they confirmed for Arcade club in October?
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
the_greeze View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_greeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:19am
Yes, but they look like this now...

nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by the_greeze the_greeze wrote:

Yes, but they look like this now...

I have took worse than that in a pub.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
I got permission to archive the Time-Out Tunnel arcade pictures on my blog this week. You can find them all here:

Example:

Bicton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bicton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:55am

Toru Iwatani playing my Pac-Man yesterday in Barcelona Games World!

Edited by Bicton - 07 Oct 2017 at 8:57am
http://www.arcadevintage.es
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Bicton Bicton wrote:

Wow, cool! How did this come about?
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Bicton Bicton wrote:

That is the most ridiculously awesome photo/event that I have ever seen ClapClapClap
Bicton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bicton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
Sure, a friend of us Kike from Universo Arcade was the person in charge to install a set of arcade machines inside the Bandai Namco Stand in the Barcelona Games World, he asked me to take my 2 Pac-Man, 1 original and 1 repro + Galaga original there, we had a great time on the show making a combo with 9 arcade machines in the RetroBarcelona Area and also 3 in the Namco Stand... also we had the great oportunity to honour Mr Iwatani a special Member of Honour of our Cultural Asociation Arcade Vintage.

it was not sure that we could see him on the venue but now I'm sorry I should have informed all of you that he was coming to Barcelona

Special thanks to our forum member Ricky2001 to restore completely in 10 days the Pac-Man from a Galaxian cabinet.

Time line of the history of Namco

Our stand in RetroBarcelona a part of Barcelona Games World

I will never ever clean again my Pac-Man CPO and Joystick LOL

like a visit to good LOL

An space invaders design logo in our association...for the Pac-Man creator...perfect trolling ShockedEmbarrassed thanks he liked and told us he is a very good friend from Taito Boss.

Amazing moment!

Special Thanks to ArcadeHacker on the right of the pic making the pictures on the Mr Iwatani encounter.

Top technical advise from ArcadeHacker in our stand :D

Edited by Bicton - 10 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
http://www.arcadevintage.es
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:18am
I would love to mee Toru Iwatani
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:47am
Very cool!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
superpacman1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote superpacman1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:35pm

Cribbed from Facebook.  Torquay, Devon Arcade - Joyland - Carey Parade.  Circa 1982.

This one is of great importance to me as this was my second home back in 1982 and the machines below are a mixture of memory and the pictures.  Absolutely fabulous to see a picture of an old haunt from back in the day.

Machines in sight Amidar (possibly Konami), Stern Bezerk, King Kong (actually Crazy Kong Alca), the corner of Dig Dug (with the baseball cap kid playing).  In the distance - Alca Bomber, Sega Astro Blaster, Williams Defender, Penny Falls and some classic fruties like Eachway Nudger.

Here's the outside of the place, used to have a load of shops at the side including the locally famous Piggies fast food place.

Glad to say the place is still an arcade, I went back to it last year. It has merged into next door and is know as Golden Palms. Unfortunately the insides are just like any other with redemption machines and pushers with the odd big video simulator.

Edited by superpacman1972 - 13 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 50515253>
  Share Topic