The new Xbox is revealed tomorrow at 6pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:29am
Xbox for me at the moment, it just looked better than what they've shown of the PS4 so far. I am trying not to buy both this gen LOL
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

grobda View Drop Down
User
User
"Look at the size of that thing!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Xbox for me at the moment, it just looked better than what they've shown of the PS4 so far. I am trying not to buy both this gen LOL

Good luck with that! I'm trying to think of the last console i didn't buy

oh ofc the wii-U LOL

sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 11:03am
hehe,

well I am going to pre-order it in a minute!! Gimme my xbox one!!

cools View Drop Down
User
User
I joined ages ago honest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 11:37am
It's going to be hacked to pieces, and they'll make the money from online content.

Amazing business model - took us a while to get here mind. License to print money.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:32pm
Well pre-ordered it Embarrassed

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by cools cools wrote:

It's going to be hacked to pieces, and they'll make the money from online content.

Amazing business model - took us a while to get here mind. License to print money.

Congrats on your senior member status dude! That post just tipped you over the edge Wink

IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Well pre-ordered it Embarrassed
You lasted about a day mate, you should be proud TongueLOL
We are the 45
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 8:04pm
Oh they've blown it...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-07-microsoft-kills-game-ownership-and-expects-us-to-smile
To save you skimming large tracts of condescending prose about how much Microsoft loves and respects you as a human wallet, here is a summary:

You do not own the games you buy. You license them.
Discs are only used to install and then license games and do not imply ownership.
People can play games installed on your console whether you're logged in or not.
10 people can be authorised to play these games on a different Xbox One via the cloud, but not at the same time, similar to iTunes authorised devices.
Publishers decide whether you can trade in your games and may charge for this.
Publishers decide whether you can give a game you own to someone for free, and this only works if they have been on your friends list for 30 days.
Your account allows you to play the games you license on any console.
Your Xbox One must connect to the internet every 24 hours to keep playing games.
When playing on another Xbox One with your account, this is reduced to one hour.
Live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies are exempt from these internet requirements.
Loaning and renting games will not be possible at launch, but Microsoft is "exploring the possibilities".
Microsoft may change these policies or discontinue them at any point.

Edited by Milky - 07 Jun 2013 at 8:05pm
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
LEWD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LEWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 8:45pm
S**t
I don't play on line only with my mate
So wont be buying one
guddler View Drop Down
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 11:58pm
OK, I'm not going to try and deny that they're not going somewhat overboard, or stick up for them or anything, but I have to say some of this is getting blown out of proportion (not all of it).

If you read the EULA of any software out there, including games, you don't own it now. You are granted a license to use it. So really, the only bit here that is anything new is them trying to dictate what you can and can't do with second hand games. And that's been on the cards for a long time now. You can't do much with second hand games on Steam. There is Steam market place but I've never really sussed out WTF that's all about.

I've been happily using Steam for years (since it started). The only thing that get's my back up, big time, is that with Steam, and with the PS Vita, if my wife wants to play one of the games I own, I have to buy her another separate copy. That's where I draw the line and say screw that. I think the PS4 and XB1 are both headed that way sadly, so that's me out of consoles for good.

[EDIT] Thankfully there's rarely much crossover in our taste in games!

Edited by guddler - 08 Jun 2013 at 12:00am
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 12:17am
Be interesting to see what the PS4 does. They havent mentioned DRM yet.

guddler View Drop Down
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 12:21am
Given what they did with the PS Vita - essentially requiring you to purchase 1 vita per person without the ability to pass it to your wife to play unless she plays on your save game slots on you PSN account, I'd  be gobsmacked to see them do anything less than that. And yes, that's true - I bought one, played it a bit, she wanted a go and there was no way to sign me out and sign her in with her own PSN account. In the end I gave in, reset it to factory defaults, set the Vita up on her PSN account and haven't picked it up since. Utter waste of money. And quite a lot of money at that!!

My belief is that this round of consoles will be very unpopular all round. Until people just suck it up and get used to it. Then we'll all forget it was ever any other way
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 7:55am
I appreciate the Steam argument, but that sits on an open platform and doesn't restrict you to "always on"" requirements. The issue here for me is that the new Xbox console has to call home every day. If it doesn't, you can't play it.  Internet connection a bit flaky? Not their problem. LIVE servers are down for an upgrade/failure? Not their problem. At some point in the future, MS will switch off those servers and your machine is basically a door stop. You'll have a lovely collection of unplayable software. Can you imagine if the Megadrive/SNES had that? All those games - borked permanently. No longer playable. Lost. All that money spent and nothing to show for it. No ability to play something you missed the first time round.

On top of that; you can't rent games, you can't borrow games. Publishers decide what you can do with regards to resale (i.e. No. Unless I get to wet my beak).

/Rant Over - goes to lie down in a darkened roomLOL

Edited by Milky - 08 Jun 2013 at 8:31am
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:07pm
Wow just watched the E3 trailer live! Awesome!

Be interesting to see what Sony do later -  Sony are notorious for DRM so i'd imagine the PS4 will have something similar. Will have to wait and see.

They announced a £429 launch price for a 'Day One console'.

samusaran View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samusaran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:24pm
I've seen forza 5 so I'll be getting one for sure.
Thought the price point would have been £299 to £349 though.

Looked very good overall and when the Mrs says were having one who am I to disagree.
wonderbanana View Drop Down
User
User
The science of shiny bananas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wonderbanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:25pm
Anyone got a link to a highlights vid?
floodito View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floodito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 11:24pm
At last some news about the games....

Titanfall looks excellent!!
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:22pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic