ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 310>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:37pm
This turned up earlier. A very nice PP2 project.

robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:31pm
That looks really nice do you have the wheel and shifter
were meeting g over there
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

Nice pin Shane! Would love a pinball at some point.

Picked this up yesterday. Was listed, for free, on a local buy and sell at 6am yesterday. Luckily i was up and at work so saw the ad at 6.15am so sent a message instantly. They were saying someone could 'up-cycle' it so i consider it a bit of a save tbh. Described as 'lights-up' but i have no keys for the lock so i'll have to find a solution before switching on.

Anyway, Taito Field Goal Cocktail, 1979.

nice pick up for free field goal looks an interesting game too
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:20pm
Thanks. Actually the 1st game i own that i remember playing in my local arcade as a kid. They had the upright version. Recently discussed this game with my dad who was sure it was Arkanoid but i remembered the 3 rows of coloured helmets.

Had to drill the locks out. Opened it up and was pleased to find it all original and complete.
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

That looks really nice do you have the wheel and shifter

Yes got both. It actually came with 2 steering wheels.
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:21pm
I picked up a couple of these
Sadly not had time to play mine yet
Big thanks to rich (chunksin) for sorting them out and vic (virtvic) for the nice aluminium sandwich mounting plate :)
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:35pm
Maybe we should serial number these Pi2Jamma boards...really confuse the arcade collectors in 30 years time thinking there was a factory churning out these boards...haha.

Really enjoy having mine. Actually got it running in the cab you gave me Shane.
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:11am

After an 8 hour round trip i got my first
Pin project :)

Something a bit different after all my recent cab restores

When I passed by last night I was hoping to have a game on it but it was all in pieces!
I hope you manage to put it all back together one day so I can have a go on it! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:14am

I picked up a couple of these
Sadly not had time to play mine yet
Big thanks to rich (chunksin) for sorting them out and vic (virtvic) for the nice aluminium sandwich mounting plate :)

Rich has done a fantastic job, they look especially lovely on Vic's mounting plate. Smile
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:15am
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

Thanks. Actually the 1st game i own that i remember playing in my local arcade as a kid. They had the upright version. Recently discussed this game with my dad who was sure it was Arkanoid but i remembered the 3 rows of coloured helmets.

Had to drill the locks out. Opened it up and was pleased to find it all original and complete.

Nice pickup mate!
Hope you get it up and running. Smile
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:13am
Have you tried yours yet mate ?
I wont get chance until im off work again at the weekend :(

Edited by robotech - 21 Jun 2018 at 9:16am
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:20am
No the monitor was caked in dirt and there are a lot of metal shavings from where i drilled out the locks. Stripping it down for a clean up first.

The pcbs look great though. Bottom board in the stack has not seen daylight since 1979 i would say. Monitor bracket bolts still had torque stripe mark on them.
LGShepherd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGShepherd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:23am
I'd be interested in more info too! Thanks!
LGShepherd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGShepherd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by horse horse wrote:

Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Arrived earlier this week - but only just moved it from garage to games room

Unfortunately its just a Chinese Vewlix so I need to sort out some of the wiring etc as I have a Tatio JVS and VGA converters to swap for the cheapo Chinese ones fitted....

I've going to be mainly used for MAME and my JVS boards....

Hi im looking into importing basically the same one, can you please post any info regarding the purchase and import process of the cab?

I'd be interested in more info too! Thanks!
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:47pm

Have you tried yours yet mate ?
I wont get chance until im off work again at the weekend :(

Yeah, I've managed to test it briefly to see if it works mate. Smile
It's so quick in starting and just works without any messing which is nice.

I think I need to configure some things to my taste but I simply don't have the time to read up on it and I doubt Rich would enjoy giving support to someone who has no idea how this JammaPi is set up!

I tried 1944 Loop Master and Gyruss and the sound is a bit messed up, maybe I've done something?
I can't find Gradius II in the list Cry and I want to try disabling triple buffering and vsnyc (if they are enabled) as a couple of games I feel have a bit of latency going on. I've got my monitor in vertical orientation so that may not be helping the situation either.

I don't want to come across as a moaner as the hardware is really awesome, it's so well built and very convenient. But going back in time, I remember encountering the same kind of issues when I started messing with mame on a lower spec PC all those years ago. All that was needed was couple of tweaks here and there. If triple buffering and vsync are turned on it does help reduce tearing and make things look smoother but it sometimes makes the controls feel a bit weird to me

I'm off work tomorrow so will test a few more games when I have a bit of free time, but I'm busy until next weekend so I won't be able to have a longer session on it until then.

It's such an interesting bit of kit though, really happy I'm able to experience it. Smile

Edited by Vamino - 21 Jun 2018 at 6:49pm
Insert Coin[s]
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm
https://imgur.com/gallery/FiJ8gNp

Enjoying pinballs at the min ,this one is quite advanced for its year
Loads of defender sounds too
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:01pm
You running that on mono speaker? You may need to set the mame setting for audio to mono in software for the sound to be OK on 1944, given it's q-sound and all that.
Or.. wire the pi audio directly to stereo in the cab, avoiding the jamma pins altogether ;)

Dunno about controls mind. Unless you are trying to run the very late era 2D stuff (Taito F3 for example) then it's pretty rock solid. You can also add an overclock setting to the config text file, of you want to see if your pi can be pushed a little further.

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Eddhorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Very nice, let me know if you get any project pins, will come to Belfast and collect it.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

You running that on mono speaker? You may need to set the mame setting for audio to mono in software for the sound to be OK on 1944, given it's q-sound and all that.
Or.. wire the pi audio directly to stereo in the cab, avoiding the jamma pins altogether ;)

Dunno about controls mind. Unless you are trying to run the very late era 2D stuff (Taito F3 for example) then it's pretty rock solid. You can also add an overclock setting to the config text file, of you want to see if your pi can be pushed a little further.

It's installed in the Blast City mate, so it should be stereo?
Even though I'm supposed to be building a PC LOL I've just uploaded a quick movie:

Just trying to play the earlier stuff mate, 1942, Star Force, Flying Shark, Green Beret etc.
There's loads of games on this, I have no idea how to set up a favourites list!

I'm guess I'm a latency sensitive guy though, I could even feel latency using a X-Arcade Joystick when using a Gamecube adapter. When I setup a basic Groovymame PC for Paul I was very impressed with that, and when I played Rich's Blast City at Revival that felt nice too.

I don't want to go off topic in this thread, so once I've got a bit of free time I'll post some questions in the JammaPi thread in the Mame forum. I think after a bit of tweaking it'll be fine. Smile
Insert Coin[s]
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Eddhorse Eddhorse wrote:

Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Very nice, let me know if you get any project pins, will come to Belfast and collect it.

Not many pins about ,over here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 310>
  Share Topic