ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 310>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
namfreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

Originally posted by namfreak namfreak wrote:

Just off the boat from the USA
Asteroids Deluxe with Multigame board on original PCB

Raleigh Vektar!

Nice cabs guys. Smile

Well spotted on the Vektar!
"The computer bike" - or so they thought

Syrup2407 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syrup2407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:33am
Thanks iamjimmi,

It has taken quite a while to accumulate all the parts for the MH (the 6100 monitor being the most tricky).

I have had to refurb the ARII, all the monitor boards, the power brick and utility panel. When its done it should be as good as new. Would have liked to put an Amplifone monitor in the cab but could not find one. I have one in my Star Wars but it seems wrong to swap them.

I have got most of the parts in the cab now and the biggest surprise for me is how heavy it is!!

Cheers,

Gav
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:04pm

Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

Just off the boat from the USA
Asteroids Deluxe with Multigame board on original PCB

Raleigh Vektar!

Nice cabs guys. Smile

Well spotted on the Vektar!
"The computer bike" - or so they thought

That's such a classic bike. Thumbs Up
Do you ride it at all?

I had a Tomahawk and then a Chopper when I was a kid. When Grifters came out I was pining for a Grifter or BMX. Then one Christmas I got a Grifter XL complete with a parcel shelf thingy, pretty sure it was snowing that Christmas day but I didn't care and took it out for a spin.

While most of my mates had Raleigh Burners and Mongoose BMX's, I had this awkward heavy bike that weighed a ton which made it difficult to carry up the stairs to my Mom's house.
I loved that bike as no one else had wanted one.

I did eventually buy a Raleigh extra Burner off a mate for 30 quid, but that got nicked straight away when I was playing arcade games in the local Cafe. Since no one ever nicked the Grifter XL I thought the Burner was safe too......
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 12:30am
I was also cursed with a second hand raleigh grifter when all my freinds had new bmx bikes

Heavyest pos bike struggled to ride the hills on shenleys park bmx track
Or keep up with any of my mates

the joys of the wonderful stermley archer three speed gear hub that had a habit of slipping just as you stood up to pedal harder
resulting in the crossbar meeting your nads rather quickly

Edited by robotech - 28 Jul 2018 at 5:01am
were meeting g over there
FanDabbyDozy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanDabbyDozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 10:52am
Not today but last couple of days Big smile

Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

I was also cursed with a second hand raleigh grifter when all my freinds had new bmx bikes

Heavyest pos bike struggled to ride the hills on shenleys park bmx track
Or keep up with any of my mates

the joys of the wonderful stermley archer three speed gear hub that had a habit of slipping just as you stood up to pedal harder
resulting in the crossbar meeting your nads rather quickly

It's like we had the same childhood mate. LOL
I was sweating buckets trying to keep up with my mates going downhill!

Whilst everyone was doing mad high bunny hops and jumps on their BMX's with chomoly frames, my Grifter XL cracked the pavement slabs with it's solid steel construction just by riding over them.

Ah yeah, those sturmey archer gears, oh how we all loved the placement of the gear lever on the Chopper for when the red gear decided to slip. Luckily Raleigh decided to do away with that on the Grifter and gave us a nice padded handlebar so we could smash our face into it in comfort when changing into red gear.

I still loved my Grifter XL though. Smile

Edited by Vamino - 28 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
Insert Coin[s]
namfreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:21pm
Vamino:

That's such a classic bike. Thumbs Up

Do you ride it at all?

I had the full intention to restore a Vektar and ride it occasionally and let my daughter ride it as she grew.

However the bike I ended up buying was New Old Stock. It had been put on display in a bike shop in Lancashire on the run up to Xmas 1985, and then placed in storage.

Up to this point I never expected to find NOS bikes from the 80's, but this guy had lots of unsold stock from his aunt and uncle's bike shop

So this bike was never sold, never ridden by a child. It still had the little injection moulding tags on the tyres

So that changed things a bit. To date I have never ridden it. It goes out with me to retro car shows a couple of times a year - where it get's more attention than the car! And aside from that it makes an interesting addition to the gamesroom

Edited by namfreak - 29 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:03am
That bike is so awesome, I'd love one.
Out if room but always room for one more !
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 10:42am
Arriving tomorrow. Super hang on for spares.

Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
vids View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:03pm
these arrived today make life easier adjusting the monitors i hope LOL
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:51pm
I need one of these for my Dino kings, badly!

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
Namfreak: that's the greatest bike find ever. What a beauty!
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

I need one of these for my Dino kings, badly!
Remote boards are a must, IMO - especially for MAME cabs. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to make up your own, as long as the manual has the schematic and parts list for it. You could knock one up on a little breadboard, if you didn't want to go to the expense of having PCBs manufactured. Just a thought.

Edited by big10p - 07 Aug 2018 at 9:03pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:36pm
Doing a homebrew remote board for the dino king chassis is definitely on my list yeah!
They are so goddam fiddly to tweak.
However, I guess the original pot & coil components would need to be physically removed from the chassis, and then the remote ribbon fed to those solder points?
(It's a Sanwa 14VC21S monitor, and I can't find schematics for the chassis board anywhere)

Edited by Flinnster - 07 Aug 2018 at 11:17pm

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Doing a homebrew remote board for the dino king chassis is definitely on my list yeah!
They are so goddam fiddly to tweak.
However, I guess the original pot & coil components would need to be physically removed from the chassis, and then the remote ribbon fed to those solder points?
(It's a Sanwa 14VC21S monitor, and I can't find schematics for the chassis board anywhere)

Ah, I see. So your monitor doesn't actually have a remote board option. That makes things trickier, for sure. Yes, I guess you'd need to remove the pots and connect up wires leading to a remote board. Shouldn't need to remove a coil though, I don't think. What coil are you talking about?

Edited by big10p - 08 Aug 2018 at 10:21am
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 11:41am
Tony/tb2000 is currently working on a conversion kit so you can pop a Hantarex Polo 3 chassis on to these dino king tubes, then you'll get full picture control off a remote board. Width issues will no longer be a problem, and it's a much easier chassis to fix if it does go wrong.
As soon as the first one is ready I'll fit it to one of mine and get some pics up.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm
That sounds very interesting. How much is the average polo3 chassis going for? Smile

glstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Super clean video master cab and my favourite pcb
https://imgur.com/gallery/5QW6fY3
The guy bought this from new and the two pcbs
900 he paid for the cab
800 for pacland
500 for nemesis’s
An awful lot of money In those days !

Pacland?
He have a pacland cab?
I want one for a long time now…
:(
http://www.passionesega.com
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:59am
help to get my power supplies working i hope now not to try and fudge it all up Ouch
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:47pm
This for your Pole position Vids? I'm sure you'll manage it.
Out if room but always room for one more !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 310>
  Share Topic