ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 346>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Got this yesterday.

Lovely, I do love Outrunners
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
jase38 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by channel27 channel27 wrote:

Didn't arrive today, (I've had 2 cages for months...! Thanks again Jase Thumbs Up), but I've only just been able to hook them up and managed to make one worker from the 2.

How many of these do you think were sacrificed to keep those pesky Daytonas running?

Awesome stuff, I'm glad you managed to get a worker out of the two.

Fantastic game as well, probably my favourite of the series. :)
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:46pm
Check this out, fresh in from Germany.

My French Colecovision had a really ropey display. It's PAL Scart from factory, but the image had interference, with washed-out colours and a bit of wobble to boot. My original thoughts were duff caps on the MB, or corroded Scart pins at the very least, but after reading around online, I discovered that failing PSUs can have this effect. Coleco PSUs aren't exactly easy to replace. They output +5V, -5V and 12V and have a proprietary connector. But couple this all-in-one converter to a 2A (non fast-charging) USB transformer, and it seems to have solved the problems! The display is now clear and rock solid.
mythos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mythos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:40pm

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:50pm
Cyber Lip is fun!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:07pm
Had these 2 bad boys arrive from USA, 2 x Asteroids Deluxe PCBs, incredibly annoyingly seller massively inflated the cost on the customs form and cost me an eye watering £56 in customs fees, was not a happy bunny.

Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
does not help that the £ is so crap against the $ at the moment either
====WANTED====
LATE 70'S/EARLY 80'S BALLY PINBALL PROJECT
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Had these 2 bad boys arrive from USA, 2 x Asteroids Deluxe PCBs, incredibly annoyingly seller massively inflated the cost on the customs form and cost me an eye watering £56 in customs fees, was not a happy bunny.

Dispute it showing customs the cost you paid and shipping
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
Import duty is 20% of goods and postage values added together, then ParcelFarce slap £14 handling charge on top just to add insult to injury...

So £56 would be equivalent to £200 of goods and postage added together.

I feel your pain - my last SMJ shipment got stung for £68 after fees, the one before that (which had more valuable PCB's inside a smaller box) only got stung for £23.

Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Import duty is 20% of goods and postage values added together, then ParcelFarce slap £14 handling charge on top just to add insult to injury...

So £56 would be equivalent to £200 of goods and postage added together.

I feel your pain - my last SMJ shipment got stung for £68 after fees, the one before that (which had more valuable PCB's inside a smaller box) only got stung for £23.

Correct, he put $200, which is not what I paid for them, it was less than that, he had also agreed to "adjusting" the slip to say gift, scrap PCBs with a lower price, otherwise I'd probably not have bothered buying them.  This was all before I'd found out about my drain pipe issue too, so kinda wish I'd not bothered full stop with them.

Thankfully got the other item I bought being delivered internally via the US and being bought back to the UK by person, so that will save me probably the money I lost on this.  Ah well, we live and learn.
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:22pm
Picked this up tonight - after a horrible drive to Lincoln and back that should have taken 2 hours for the round trip but took almost 4 hours due to the A46 being shut due to an RTA and all the other local routes being grid-locked.

It looks worse than it is - but for just £60 I wasn't going to pass up a cab that'll fit in the back of my car that was within 50 miles of where I live.

So what do I have.... A structurally sound Video Wizard MK II shell - nothing else....

Missing bits - kick board, coin door & frame, all the electrics apart from the marquee light.
Knackered bits - control panel, couple of random holes under control panel that'll need filling in.
Bonus bits - coin box, locks & a key for cash box door & rear door wooden monitor frame, wood effect panels are in pretty good nick.

69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:44pm
@ penrhos  its got its own multi extension cable too …………..another bonus bit worth a quid or two  AND AN ASHTRAY !!!! 

they are … as you say nice size cab for conversion to almost anything.. I am sure plenty of users on here will be offering you a coin door if you decide you need one ……….. 

Edited by 69er - 27 Sep 2019 at 3:45pm
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by 69er 69er wrote:

@ penrhos  its got its own multi extension cable too …………..another bonus bit worth a quid or two  AND AN ASHTRAY !!!! 

they are … as you say nice size cab for conversion to almost anything.. I am sure plenty of users on here will be offering you a coin door if you decide you need one ……….. 

That's what I thought - but no offers on my wanted ad yet....

The old PC bits, loose wires and that multi-plug have all gone in the bin, I'm carefully removing the stickers at the moment.

griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 4:43pm
Another one for a lcd conversion :(
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by griffo83x griffo83x wrote:

Another one for a lcd conversion :(

If I can locate a CRT TV or 20" monitor I'll put one inside - but to get the cab running I have a 4:3 LCD that'll do for now....Cry

TBH for a Pandora there's little difference. But CRT's FTW (if you have one).

robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
nice cabs those video wizards
deffo needs a crt tv in it
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:43pm
I don't normally post purchases but I'm so happy to recieve this today. Smile

After buying a Section Z bootleg off the forums that was supposed to work with slight glitches which didn't work Ouch, I then played the waiting game and recently snagged this off eBay. I probably overpaid when shipping and import duty was added, but, it's in nice condition and it's one of my favourites.

Gonna have a session on it in a bit. Smile

Insert Coin[s]
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:14pm
Nice oneThumbs Up
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Dataeastfan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
Probably the happiest I've been in a while.
Thank you so much, Paul.

Edited by Dataeastfan - 11 Oct 2019 at 5:32pm
Layer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:58pm
Nice ! I have exactly the same Vega 9000 DX with SF2' panel.

This afternoon, I have received 26 issues of Coin Journal (a +450 pages mag distributed to jap arcade owners) : 

'92 & '93 :

'94 & '95 :

Edited by Layer - 11 Oct 2019 at 6:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 346>
  Share Topic