ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KevW24601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevW24601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Originally posted by KevW24601 KevW24601 wrote:

This beaut arrived this morning. Just waiting now on the A Board that I also have on the way.
It looks amazing in person. Photos don't do them justice.

Sexy

I'm telling ya! Tongue She's defo a looker. 
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:34pm
Hopefully this'll all work now I've paid £36 to get the parcel out of customs jail....

Big heavy box - £85 in Fedex shipping.

FromJapan's packing doesn't come anywhere near SMJ's but nothings damaged.

A maching pair of Sega goodness (no dongles though).

Yup - A pair of "Code of Joker" RingEdge-2 PC's.

Just got to crimp up a couple of power leads, test they're OK. Then out with Victoria and win32diskimager....

BTW : If anyone needs a power lead for these I have the connectors & crimps.

They cost me 8000 Yen each as tested & working but without a dongle, then you have to add Japanese postage to agent, agent fees, shipping & import duty - they worked out about £170 each. 

I've got a pair of RE-1's on the water with dongles that will have cost almost the same by the time they get here.

YAJ is flooded with RE1's & RE2's at the moment and the prices are pretty low, working RE1's without a dongle can be picked up for 3000-4000 Yen - if you surface ship one you could be looking at £100-120.

If these work OK I will have a spare RE1 when the other box arrives.

Layer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Hopefully this'll all work now I've paid £36 to get the parcel out of customs jail....

Big heavy box - £85 in Fedex shipping.

FromJapan's packing doesn't come anywhere near SMJ's but nothings damaged.

A maching pair of Sega goodness (no dongles though).

Yup - A pair of "Code of Joker" RingEdge-2 PC's.

Just got to crimp up a couple of power leads, test they're OK. Then out with Victoria and win32diskimager....

BTW : If anyone needs a power lead for these I have the connectors & crimps.

They cost me 8000 Yen each as tested & working but without a dongle, then you have to add Japanese postage to agent, agent fees, shipping & import duty - they worked out about £170 each. 

I've got a pair of RE-1's on the water with dongles that will have cost almost the same by the time they get here.

YAJ is flooded with RE1's & RE2's at the moment and the prices are pretty low, working RE1's without a dongle can be picked up for 3000-4000 Yen - if you surface ship one you could be looking at £100-120.

If these work OK I will have a spare RE1 when the other box arrives.

Very nice !

No need of physical dongles to get RE1 or RE2 Multigame working. 

Write RE2 112 GB .img file to a compatible 120 GB SSD (see the list of SSD compatible and their proper ATA keys below) with HDD Raw Copy Tool and lock the SSD with Victoria in PIO mode enabled, User enabled and Max enabled with the proper ATA SSD key, and that's all !

Step with Victoria to lock the SSD :
To make ATA key file to open with Victoria, use an hex editor such as Winhex, type in hex the proper ATA key (32 bytes) related to your 120 GB SSD compatible and  save it as a .txt (text file).
Then, you will search your SSD with Victoria in clicking on "PCI scan", then "passport", then use that .txt file with Victoria to lock the SSD in "PIO" mode enabled, "User" enabled and "Max" enabled, and at last, "lock".

List of the compatible 120 GB SSD to use and their proper ATA keys :
PNY CS900 120GB SSD - (SSD7CS900-120-RB) * ATA Key: 0242826a1253ca5bf242ea78d263524ab213d22a0a460be66a467f865c8a5a86
Inland Professional 120GB SSD - (4335233676) * ATA Key: 324152498a530248ea42fa4aca42da4a2a223a2a0a221a2a6a027a0a4a025a0a
Crucial BX500 120GB SSD - (CT120BX500SSD1) * ATA Key: 3250aa589242b259f273627b2273da4a2a223a2a0a221a2a6a026b6e5bce4b86

Note : PNY CS900 120 GB SSD SSD7CS900-120-RB is sometimes called SSD7CS900-120-PB, it's the same thing. 

Edited by Layer - 22 Jun 2020 at 11:43pm
KevW24601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevW24601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:01pm
Finally got a CPS2 blue A Board which the seller nicely bundled with Super Street Fighter 2.
I've ordered and am waiting on the kick harness but I'll just say one thing, multi-cart emulation does not do these games justice.

Dataeastfan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm
DEF
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Dataeastfan Dataeastfan wrote:

You might want to run some diagnostic checks on that, youre not getting any overlay graphics.
Dataeastfan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

Originally posted by Dataeastfan Dataeastfan wrote:

You might want to run some diagnostic checks on that, youre not getting any overlay graphics.

:)

Just hung.

DEF
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:12pm
Just picked up this beast from Facebook marketplace, Bang & Olufsen MX8000

Edited by Bensonrad - 01 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
Layer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:18pm
Taito TX3 model 404 mobo with USFIV from YAJ has been received this afternoon :

Grandiloquence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandiloquence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:08pm
Got this today:

Unfortunately it arrived from France in nothing more than a padded envelope which probably explains this:

Test button rattling around in the package.
steling1 View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:32pm
I ordered this lovely looking condition JVS i/o board on ebay from China...what could possibly go wrong...LOL

Well I then recieved this about a week later...caps deterioated and it looks like its been at the bottom of the sea for a year the metal is so tainted...

Did they seriously think they could get away with sending such a tatty board.....
--------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a New Versus City cab...any leads on one let me know :-)
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Grandiloquence Grandiloquence wrote:

Got this today:

Unfortunately it arrived from France in nothing more than a padded envelope which probably explains this:

Sellers packaging at the moment seems to be pretty shocking!

A box and bubble wrap as a minimum. You just expect sellers to have some common sense Angry

neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by steling1 steling1 wrote:

I ordered this lovely looking condition JVS i/o board on ebay from China...what could possibly go wrong...LOL

Well I then recieved this about a week later...caps deterioated and it looks like its been at the bottom of the sea for a year the metal is so tainted...

Did they seriously think they could get away with sending such a tatty board.....

Looks the same, can't see what the problem is Wink

Official Sega board with Sonic on it!
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:46pm
This arrived today.

Or rather, I hired a van and went to get it.
Said goodbye to my Crisis Zone cab too - gone to a better home.

Just the base I'm after really - needed something suitable to pair with all the projection TVs and CRT projectors
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
vids View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:33am
double post sorry bloody laptop Embarrassed

Edited by vids - 03 Jul 2020 at 7:37am
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:34am
Arcadeshop to the rescue , got the bits last night for my gorf and millipede so we can move a little further along the line and get them working Confused

now to find time to work on them LOL
Grandiloquence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandiloquence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:46pm
This came direct from Retroelectronik, worryingly. You would have thought they would have shipped it in a box, especially as it's coming from France!
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Originally posted by Grandiloquence Grandiloquence wrote:

Got this today:

Sellers packaging at the moment seems to be pretty shocking!

A box and bubble wrap as a minimum. You just expect sellers to have some common sense Angry

That seems to have got cleanly knock off, without damaging the button or the board, by the looks of it. I suspect it wasn't soldered on very well to begin with.
Stickman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:23pm
so this came up on FB just 2 miles from me for free.

Lots of the bits inside like CPs but missing buttons, joystick and crt & power supply and coin mech, glass and glass holders.

I have 4 x 13” crts that I can use, will be looking for bits that I can use, I feel original parts are going to be far and few between.  This will not get looked at until latest projects are finished.

Ohh how I wish for these cabs.... Robotron..PacMan..Tron..Gorf..Defender/Stargate
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by steling1 steling1 wrote:

Ping Ravage as he has a few of these.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358>
  Share Topic