New House of the Dead (Arcade)

jimmerd

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
21 (100%)
Credits
450CR
They mention it’s using hardware developed in cooperation with 3MindWave (or similar).

I’ve played 3MindWave’s VR Agent quite a few times, and it’s a really good use of VR attached to the gun with body-motion tracking. I prefer it more than having to wear a headset for this type of game. So, the next generation of this will no doubt be improved further.

You genuinely can peek around corners, and it’s very immersive, with a very fast refresh rate. With a large screen in front of you, you can also get a sense of direction if you need to look outside of the gun, similar to a less zoomed-out Silent Scope. It also means non-players can watch the action.

The lenses are set back in the gun, so your eyes aren’t touching or too close to anything. However, when used properly, it still needs to rest against your face, which is a drawback. Personally, to avoid that, I always held the gun/headset a few centimetres away from my head, and it worked okay. I’d probably take some wet wipes to clean it before using it properly in a busy arcade.

It looks like that's that actual cabinet in the video, a building with windows and doors and a clock tower, so a huge thing!

 
Last edited:
Top