FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Today I did this to my cab...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:12am
Nice one dude, big improvement!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:07pm
Fitted another seatback to the F355/2 cab, this time it has the elusive Am2 sticker. Geek
I also managed to get another one with the sticker for the other side of my twin in exchange for my old seatback without the sticker, unfortunately that cab is currently in storage due to lack of space at the house.

I had to carefully peel the No1 sticker off the old seatback and restick it to the new seatback, there's a little peeling at the bottom LH corner but I can live with that. I never thought I'd get the Am2 sticker as it only appeared on Japanese F355/2 cabs.

I'm really chuffed to bits, that's ticked another box off the wants list.
A big thanks to Phil, thanks a lot mate! Big smile

Edited by Vamino - 02 Apr 2017 at 8:40pm
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm
I spent a few hours today on the wrecked F355 cab I bought off eBay in January.
This was how it looked when I bought it:

No monitors, mostly non working boards, basically it was picked dry for parts and left to die. Cry
Cue another uneconomical restoration! LOL

I've already got the first half up and running and over the months since buying the cab I've bought a load of parts to try and do an 'Outrun2' on it, the 1st half will stay as a UK F355/1. Whilst not technically today, I recently fitted a new dash plastics to the 1st side and I'm now waiting on some side panels to arrive as the ones that came with the cab were not the best.

So today I transplanted the innards of the 2nd half of the UK F355 into a Japanese shell, basically upgrading it to a Jp spec F355/2 cab. I'm not gonna bore people with the gory details, but trust me when I say the cab was filthy!

So here's the money shot of the cab finally up and running, I love mouldy steering wheels!

Now I can finally bring another project into the work area as I've got a Scud Race cab I need to complete before doing any more work on the F355's.

Cheers.
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 12:22am
Just finished working on the cab for another couple of hours, it's pretty much there now.

Gave it a clean, all speakers are working, force feedback is good, dug out another dash from the hoarding pile and fitted it, fitted Jp spec F355 pedals, wired up the VMU reader. The monitor will need a cap kit as it's expanding and contracting on the sides when it goes bright to dark.

But that's pretty much it for now, I'm on a 7 day shift next week so won't have any time to tinker for a while.

Here's the cab showing an exciting tree.

Cheers.
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 3:50pm
I've been buying the parts for this project for what seems like years!
Finally we got it up and running in a playable state.

I have to say a big thanks to Terminator2k (Chris) for helping me out last night sorting out the loom.
I didn't leave his until nearly midnight! LOL

So, today I did a bit more work on the loom and now the game is playable in the SR2 cab. Smile
I do have to 'hotwire' the start button at the moment though. LOL

I've still got loads to do to, but the hard work is done now.
I was so happy to be able to play the game at last so I thought I'd share it on the forum.

Again, a big thanks to Chris for the much needed help.
Thanks mate. Thumbs Up

Edited by Vamino - 31 Aug 2017 at 3:52pm
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:10pm
Model 3 loom installed into the Blast City. Smile

The next thing to do is to sort out the looms + mixers from the DSB2/cage to the stereo connector on the loom. I'll also have to get some help to rotate the monitor back to horizontal mode.

I've been waiting such a long time to play SpikeOut FE as Sega intended, nearly there now!

Insert Coin[s]
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:17pm
Ace mate , where did you get the loom from
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:23pm
I did this to the mine a few days ago 

pcb and marquee installed still a few jobs to do,  really enjoying me some rygar at the moWink

wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by griffo83x griffo83x wrote:

Ace mate , where did you get the loom from

China mate.
It was 60 quid delivered though, only needed one and can make copies from it once I've sorted the remaining loom out.

The picture looks nice on your Rygar cab. Thumbs Up
You always love some Rygar action though! I'm not surprised as it's such a great game. Smile
Insert Coin[s]
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:02pm
Jealous of all your cabs mr Vamino Big smile

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Jealous of all your cabs mr Vamino Big smile

Thanks mate.

You wouldn't be jealous of how hectic the house can get when working on them.
Life was so much easier when I just had consoles, but it wasn't as interesting as working on arcade games.

So I'm trying to come up with a balance where I'm not being suffocated by arcade stuff but I'm failing miserably these days. Everything is upside down here at the minute sorting out some niggles on the SpikeOut project, I gave up finished working on it in the early hours and it wasn't nice waking up to the same chaotic conditions from last night. LOL
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:55pm
It's finally up and running but it aint pretty! I hacked the cabling to get 12v from the fan, but then found a spare 12v connector on the Model3 loom. Embarrassed

I need to tidy up the loom and secure it as the Jp cable tie thingies need sticking down, but that's for another day when I tackle a couple of other jobs on the cab.

There's something wacky going on with the sound when using a Sega mixer though, there no interference when I connect the Blast City Model3 loom directly to either the cage or DSB2. And when I wire it how I think it's supposed to be using the Sega mixer I only get 1 channel. I had to swap a couple of cables around to get it to mix both sound effect and music channels.

Well, I've spent enough time trying to work it out so I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a powered mixer amp in the future. It'll allow me to set the volume on each channel and I can also use headphones.

I also managed to rotate the monitor by myself, man that was hairy!
I really don't want to be doing that too often.

The game is rock hard though, I need to stock up on coins. LOL
Now to put all the crap away and try and get back to normality.

Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
I've spent a good few hours over the past couple of days tinkering with a Ghettomame PC made from old bits. I encountered a few niggly issues with the JammaPI it spurred me on to sort this out rather than faultfind a system that I've no idea how it's setup!

I came so close to chucking the lot into the bin as the PC wasn't playing ball and the motherboard is on it's last legs anyway, it loses the bios settings when the power is unplugged but otherwise works fine.

Anyhoo, I had a major issue getting the HD4850 to sync on bootup with the MS2930 @ 15khz, I tried W7 and XP tna. I could get it to sync if I booted with my AOC monitor @ 640 x 480i then swapped to the MS2930, but it just wouldn't sync when powering on.

It ended up being that I needed to use the bottom DVI socket closest to the motherboard and then it worked fine. I stayed with XP in the finish as it loads quicker into windows and doesn't need so much ram. I overclocked some old high end DDR2 Corsair PC8888C4 ram which then gave a system latency of 59.7ms which is decent for such an old system, I also set the USB polling rate from 150mhz to 1000mhz.

There may be other speed tweaks but I'm happy with the result, it will do until I get the bits for a newer build. I also sorted out the cable management cable ties throughout the cab, I restuck them down with some strong 3M double sided tape.

I was debating about putting up some pics as I still need to sort out a bracket for the GPU and tidy up the cabling a bit better, but getting to this point was such a relief I thought I'd share them anyway. This PC has been through a lot over the years, it's amazing that it's still working! LOL

The Blast City is so versatile though, it can play almost anything with the correct loom.
Just need to sort the monitor convergence now, but finally I can play a lovely game of Gradius II as nature intended. Smile

Insert Coin[s]
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

I've spent a good few hours over the past couple of days tinkering with a Ghettomame PC made from old bits. I encountered a few niggly issues with the JammaPI it spurred me on to sort this out rather than faultfind a system that I've no idea how it's setup!

I came so close to chucking the lot into the bin as the PC wasn't playing ball and the motherboard is on it's last legs anyway, it loses the bios settings when the power is unplugged but otherwise works fine.

Anyhoo, I had a major issue getting the HD4850 to sync on bootup with the MS2930 @ 15khz, I tried W7 and XP tna. I could get it to sync if I booted with my AOC monitor @ 640 x 480i then swapped to the MS2930, but it just wouldn't sync when powering on.

It ended up being that I needed to use the bottom DVI socket closest to the motherboard and then it worked fine. I stayed with XP in the finish as it loads quicker into windows and doesn't need so much ram. I overclocked some old high end DDR2 Corsair PC8888C4 ram which then gave a system latency of 59.7ms which is decent for such an old system, I also set the USB polling rate from 150mhz to 1000mhz.

There may be other speed tweaks but I'm happy with the result, it will do until I get the bits for a newer build. I also sorted out the cable management cable ties throughout the cab, I restuck them down with some strong 3M double sided tape.

I was debating about putting up some pics as I still need to sort out a bracket for the GPU and tidy up the cabling a bit better, but getting to this point was such a relief I thought I'd share them anyway. This PC has been through a lot over the years, it's amazing that it's still working! LOL

The Blast City is so versatile though, it can play almost anything with the correct loom.
Just need to sort the monitor convergence now, but finally I can play a lovely game of Gradius II as nature intended.

I've mounted a mobo directly into my cab what did was to get an old pc case and drill out the rivets holding the pcb plate and backplane and then mounted that into the cab.
UKVaC Slack

‘Put your dummy back and enjoy the forum’ -JB

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:10pm
Don't leave that gfx card sagging!!

UKVaC Slack

Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:12pm
How did you mount the PSU?
Did you just leave it in the bottom of the cab or mount it to a board?

The sad thing is that I threw away a case a couple of weeks ago I could have scavenged the motherboard tray and bracket off. Good old 'throw it away need it next day' rears it's ugly head again! LOL

Insert Coin[s]
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
My PSU died so I swapped it out but it's just on the bottom of the can on its side.

Always the way when you bin something.
UKVaC Slack

Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by AnDyC AnDyC wrote:

Don't leave that gfx card sagging!!

Nice one mate, cheers for the pic. Smile

Yeah, gonna get some wood or something to hold it up in the short term.
It's actually resting on a Thermaright Southbridge cooler, but I know it's not ideal!

Just happy I got the thing up and running is all, you would not believe how much cursing I did working on setting up Groovymame. Embarrassed
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
From a lower angle:

Theres some sort of support, but not exactly what it needs.
Like I said, it's my Ghettomame PC! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:21pm
UKVaC Slack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic