FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Toki - Ten Pence Arcade Podcast #127

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toki - Ten Pence Arcade Podcast #127
    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm
Awesome nonsense alert - this time with added Gibbons.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk/podcast-127-toki/

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 11:38am
Great podcast again chaps, was working home today thanks to no trains, so could have this on the background. (you didn't read any of my last feedback out).

Multi-Pac PCB - I am sure there were various kits out there, I know one of the earlier ones that had the most games on, got discontinued/banned due to complaints over copyright, it could have been Frogger was on that (if it ever was on one).

Toki - You talk about other games with energy bars for bosses.  They have them in Final Fight, I am sure the ones in Robocop did as well.  I think Shaun is right about it being a game to learn, foolishly I guess I should have played with by continuing just to learn it, but I was sticking to the one 10p in at a time, then back to the start each time.  If anything I just wanted to get to the number one spot on the games score board, but would have needed a lot more gaming hours to play/learn it.   The game itself is quite unique, nice graphics, but I agree the football helmet is an odd addition as does not really fit the environment, same with the trainers.  I found it very hard to get past the first boss, as Toki was pretty slow, so never seemed to have enough time to turn and run from it or the things that he threw out.

Shall have a crack at Gigawing, used to have this on the Dreamcast.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 1:25pm
Another high score challenge missed, dammit.

But yes, the team were on some serious drugs while they made Toki.

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic