ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Arcade Game Board Repair Service & CPS2 repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VectorGlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VectorGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arcade Game Board Repair Service & CPS2 repair
    Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 12:37pm
Arcade Game Board Repair Service / Capcom CPS2 Phoenix & Batteries changed

Summary:

I repair arcade PCBs and can also replace CPS2 batteries and also 'Phoenix' CPS2 boards.

I can not only replace batteries for CPS2 'B' boards at a cost of £25 plus postage, but I can 'Phoenix' B boards that have died due to battery failure. I charge £50 to do this (plus any parts used (unlikely) plus postage). £25 goes to me, £25 to Raz who created the Phoenix binaries. Alternatively I can re-program the relevant EPROMs with the freely available decrypted code (not made by Raz) so would only charge £25 (plus postage) to do that.

Re-programming pre-CPS, CPS1, CPS1.5 and CPS2 boards that have suicided

Thanks to the excellent work of Eduardo Cruz it's now possible to revive the above boards by re-programming the appropriate chip (not an EPROM) which contains the decryption key for the game. This means that no EPROMs need to be replaced so the board will retain its original game code. The process involves replacing the dead battery with a new one (or two batteries in some cases) and temporarily attaching a specially configured Arduino Uno to upload the decrypted key to the chip that holds it. For this service I charge £35 (which includes the battery/batteries) plus postage.

Arcade board Repair Service

I repair game boards of all ages and all types, with only a few exceptions. Roughly I cover boards from the late 1970s up until the 1990s, with some exceptions.

Here are my fees:

a) If for some reason I can't fix the game board/boardset and I take less than an hour on diagnostics I'll charge a £25 inspection fee plus return postage - HOWEVER if I spend over two hours on the board and still can't repair it I will charge a £35 inspection fee. I will of course check with the customer after the first hour to verify that the customer wishes me to continue and takes the 'risk' of a non-repaired board and a £35 inspection fee.

c) If I repair the game boardset and it takes me much more than an hour I'll charge £55 plus any parts used plus return postage

After 3 hours, I charge extra - for example, 4 hours would cost £65, 5 hours would cost £75, 6 hours is £85, etc. If a board repair looks like taking over 4 hours I will of course first ask the customer if they would like me to continue, bearing in mind the extra charge (plus parts plus postage)

NOTE: Notable exceptions to 'b' and 'c' above are Space Invaders and Missile Command boards - for the former I charge £35 if the work takes less than an hour - any more than an hour and the price is £75 plus parts plus postage. For Missile Command boards I charge £35 plus parts plus postage if the work takes an hour or less, and £65 plus parts plus postage per board if the work takes much more than an hour (the £10 per hour extra over 3 hours still applies).

Once the work has been carried out then I'll ask for payment of the relevant amount (preferably paid via UK bank transfer or Paypal using the 'gift' option - but cheque, cash or postal order is also acceptable). Once you have paid the requested amount I'll return the board(s).

Please note that as these boards are of a variable age and operational history there's no guarantee that a totally unrelated part won't fail 'x' hours/days/weeks/months etc after the repair has been carried out. That's the way it goes with old game boards I'm sorry to say. I do of course soak test the board(s) but that doesn't necessarily prove that much.

By sending the board to me to repair you are also agreeing with this. OTHER OLD PARTS CAN GO WRONG AT ANY TIME, EVEN AFTER A REPAIR.

Feel free to PM me here with any enquiries.

Additional note: I do not repair Vector, MCR, Neo Geo or Nintendo boards, sorry!

Edited by VectorGlow - 15 Aug 2017 at 2:49pm
dezbaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:42pm
Hi Vector

How would you go repairing something like Crazy Kong on Galaxian hardware, which has a big glued area on the daughter board

Is this one of the exceptions?

Thanks for the service :)
Cheers . .

Dez
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:31pm
do as a pic - never seen one thats been covered in glue before.

seen plenty with CPU's potted in plastic etc, but your's sounds altogether different.

apart from that, remove daughter boards, repair as galaxian, replace daughter boards.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VectorGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:51pm
dezbaz - glued? Really? As Macro says, Pic please.  Smile
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 8:25pm
I have an STV motherboard that doesn't power up, a double dragon boot that has very low sound and a Ring King board that needs an adaptor but I have no idea how to sort one out. Do these sound do able?
Cheers Ian
We are the 45

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VectorGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 8:47pm
I'd need to see them first to see what's wrong, but no harm in trying. Smile

Feel free to PM me for my address if you'd like to send them.
dezbaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Macro Macro wrote:

do as a pic - never seen one thats been covered in glue before.

seen plenty with CPU's potted in plastic etc, but your's sounds altogether different.

apart from that, remove daughter boards, repair as galaxian, replace daughter boards.

The board worked as a galaxian. The board it was on originally is shown as well

(Can't figure out the click to enlarge function)
Larger
http://www.amazingarcading.com.au/CK_Galax_01.jpg

A few more pics

http://www.amazingarcading.com.au/CK_Galax_02.jpg

http://www.amazingarcading.com.au/CK_Galax_03.jpg

This board works intermittently after all the effort so far
Cheers . .

Dez

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VectorGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 10:33am
What a messy and ugly mod!

To be honest dezbaz, I'd start a new thread on this in the tech area. Smile
Mesmeric_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mesmeric_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 11:28am
I'd say that the potting box has fallen off at some point, leaving the potting compound on its own.
dezbaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by VectorGlow VectorGlow wrote:

What a messy and ugly mod!

To be honest dezbaz, I'd start a new thread on this in the tech area. Smile

OK Will do, all the best with the servicing :)
Cheers . .

Dez
Andy-Pac View Drop Down
BoneCrusher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-Pac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:15pm
I have a Taito Space Invaders with horizontal lines through the invaders. I also have a U.S. Midway Pac Man which keeps on re-booting itself once it has warmed up. Would you be able to repair these?

I tried a PM but wouldn't allow. Thx.
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:28pm
I'm sure a mod can sort out your pm issue's and VG should be able to have a look at your boards Smile.
Welcome to the site, fire up an intro thread buddy, tell us about yourself Wink
We are the 45
Andy-Pac View Drop Down
BoneCrusher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-Pac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 9:57pm
Hi Ian, Thx for welcome. Intro done. Any advice on getting PM to work?Thx.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VectorGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Andy-Pac Andy-Pac wrote:

I have a Taito Space Invaders with horizontal lines through the invaders. I also have a U.S. Midway Pac Man which keeps on re-booting itself once it has warmed up. Would you be able to repair these?

I tried a PM but wouldn't allow. Thx.

Hi - I sure would. Strange that the PM wouldn't work, my inbox isn't full.

I'll PM you and see how it goes. Smile
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:36am
No, but you can't send PMs until you've got a certain amount posts under your belt. Andy-Pa cshould have enough for it to work now.

Sorry but it's a measure we had to put in place after a malicious spam attack from the owner of another well known arcade forum
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 8:52am
10 posts before you can PM.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

daz125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daz125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:38am
i can PM and i don't have 10 posts Wink
tymawrcymru View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Proud UKVaC Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tymawrcymru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by daz125 daz125 wrote:

i can PM and i don't have 10 posts Wink

troublemakerLOL
      *** W A N T E D **
          Dead or ALIVE
      PRE 1978 TAITO Cabs
   ** CRAZY CLIMBER 2 PCB **
Gaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:09am
hi do you repair maygay boot hill video boards
gaz
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

hi do you repair maygay boot hill video boards
gaz
He probably will buddy, but you have to figure out if the boards worth repairing? is a £30 PCB worth a £40 repair? tell us more about the fault in the other thread with a pic and we can try to help Wink
We are the 45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic