ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

South Coast Slam III: Return of the Slam - Event Date: 14 Apr 2012 - 15 Apr 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Grand-daddy of it all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: South Coast Slam III: Return of the Slam
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:43pm
UPDATE

List of cabs here  http://ukpinball.wetpaint.com/page/SCS+Videos+2012 - please sign up and edit it if your bringing machines!!!

Hi guys and gals,

After the great success of the previous South Coast Slam and last weekends NLP at R3play, the dates and information about next years slam are ready to go.

The all important dates for your ever growing video/pinball diary is the weekend of the

14th-15th of April 2012 on the South Coast at Worthing, West Sussex.

This year, as personally being part of the organisers, I really want to pull in some favours from my fellow VACcers to help me and the others put on the best show we can and ask if people can not only attend, but also get involved with bringing machines to make this outing a proper success for everyone!

I will be finalizing transportation assistance, accommodation and stuff for machine contributors, visitors and such in the next coming weeks, but the plan is you'll not have to dip into your own funds to help us put the Slam on.

We've already got our first guest, Steve Ritchie on the pinball side, and we're quietly seeking and striving to add both more pinball and video infamous personalities to the show, but at this time, we're not in the position to expand - news as it comes.

There will be various scoring competitions both in the pinball arena and, we hope in the video scene and indeed I've got some ideas for more unique competitions but again, too early to reveal. Last years Video hiscore compo I think ironed out kinks, but this year we'll want to maximize on this on many levels...

Last years Slam's raffle had a quality pin as the top prize, this year it'll have the same, but a dedicated video cabinet is also being lined up as we really want his to be the year the VAC manifest and once more come together to put on a damned good show and reward someone with a quality prize!

Already after a lot of networking at r3play several of the vendors have agreed to attend next years slam and as the slam runs as non profit and there is no charge for their attendance the prizes are flooding in.

As always with any of these pinball events the success is never down to one person its a huge group effort and the community that all pulls together to create what hopefully will be an amazing weekend of pure gaming pleasure.
Anyone with any ideas or wants to help or get involved then please do all help is greatly appreciated.

I know its early days and there are a lot of fantastic events still to come before such as the festive pinball,xmas cracker and along with the Irish open which will all be amazing events. However please mention this to friends and family to get the buzz growing and importantly head over to Facebook and join the southcoastslam group, as I find that so much quicker to get the info out.

I think it pertinent that the Slam operates for charity, of which we will expand in due course: we have a chief charity in mind but I’m unsure I’m allowed to reveal it right now although it is primarily related to children’s heart problems...

Cheers ya flipping flippers and battling buttons :0!

Regards, Rav

Edited by Ravage - 28 Mar 2012 at 4:39pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:49pm
get the f**k in!
ltearle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltearle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:17am
Sounds very good :-)
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:23am
Smile,sounds interesting, i could maybe donate a candy cab for a few days, if you promise not to melt it LOL
We are the 45
stevearcade View Drop Down
The Trevor Horn of UKVAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevearcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:55am
I missed Replay, but South Coast Slam I should be able to do (I know it's not quite the same). We (me and Mrs Stevearcade) have some vague ideas about going to Japan about that time, but if that falls through, SCS is it.

Thumbs Up
Proudly Bashing 6 Buttons Since 1991
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Connors Connors wrote:

get the f**k in!
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:47pm
looking forward to it, last years was great, and the more cabs the better Clap
bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:59am
Sounds good Rav, got to check my workls rota for it.
JohnBud View Drop Down
User
User
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:08am
can we fly to essex ??? and is there any plans for a scottish run ??? i could probably get a driver for a wagon. that aside sounds good am in Thumbs Up

p.s. nice to meet you again at replay.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:14am
Fab, will look forward to this again, hopefully you'll all talk to me this time! LOL
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:32am
Originally posted by JohnBud JohnBud wrote:

can we fly to essex ??? and is there any plans for a scottish run ??? i could probably get a driver for a wagon. that aside sounds good am in Thumbs Up

p.s. nice to meet you again at replay.

£66 return from Glasgow to Exeter Gatwick with Easyjet, £69 with BA.  Personally I would rather pay the extra few £'s and get the free beer, coffee and crappy sandwich from BA than undergo the pain of Easyjet. Seemingly train from Gatwick is the way to go at around £23 return.

Edited to sort out my brain freeze moment with the airport

Edited by bomjac - 11 Nov 2011 at 1:08pm
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 12:38pm
You want to be heading somewhere in the region of Southampton airport not Exeter. Exeters over 3 hours drive away. Possibly 4!

I'm still not convinced Southampton is all that close, but it's all relative. At least you'd be in the right end of the country then.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 12:56pm
Gatwick, surely?
bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 1:09pm
Seems I typed the wrong Airport in post, amended now.  Trainline list the train as £11.90 single from Gatwick to Worthing, 45 mins journey.
martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Gatwick, surely?
37 miles from gatwick
53 miles from southampton
457 miles from glasgow Wink
as long as theres beer close by you'll be ok
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by martin martin wrote:

Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Gatwick, surely?
37 miles from gatwick
53 miles from southampton
457 miles from glasgow Wink
as long as theres beer close by you'll be ok

Clap
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:48pm
White Plastic Candy Cabs

I have been thinking about having either 4 or 6 Candy Cabs for the 'Slam. My thinking is either 2 vert + 2 hoz or 3 vert + 3 hoz.

Can anyone supply these cabs to the 'Slam?

I would like to run a variety of JAMMA games in them.

I am thinking:

Ghosts n' Goblins
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Nemesis/Gradius
Vulvan Venture/Gradius II
Gradius IV (med res monitor required - can run in standard but looks awesome in 24khz)
Wardner
R-Type
R-Type II
R-Type LEO
Black Tiger
Salamander

I can supply ALL the JAMMA pcbs, and we could run them in rotation - just need people to volunteer lending their cabs.

Anyone willing to help?

Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

White Plastic Candy Cabs

I have been thinking about having either 4 or 6 Candy Cabs for the 'Slam. My thinking is either 2 vert + 2 hoz or 3 vert + 3 hoz.

I am thinking:

Ghosts n' Goblins
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Nemesis/Gradius
Gradius IV (med res monitor required - can run in standard but looks awesome in 24khz)
Wardner
R-Type
R-Type II
R-Type LEO
Black Tiger
Salamander

I can supply ALL the JAMMA pcbs, and we could run them in rotation - just need people to volunteer lending their cabs.

Anyone willing to help?

Shocked, wanting plastic cabs there?? LOL
We are the 45
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 10:38am
yes absolutely, those and the Midway cabs are the best JAMMA cabs.

Volunteers get a free beer at the bar from me.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Bazfish View Drop Down
Lover of Blue Elephants

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

White Plastic Candy Cabs

I am thinking:

Ghosts n' Goblins
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Nemesis/Gradius
Wardner
R-Type
R-Type II
R-Type LEO
Black Tiger
Salamander

Anyone willing to help?

I am willing to help you take all those boards and throw them in the bin!!

Why not put some CLASSIC games in your portaloo cabs, i can provide, i am sure there are some other collectors on this forum who will help Wink

Leave the 28 way sh*te to "other" forums... 16 colours and square footballs only here please! Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic