ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

CEX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CEX
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:26pm
In my local today;

Sega Saturn console £90
Sega Dreamcast console £75
GBA SP £32
NES mini £170

Also some boot GBA pokemon games!

Crazy prices!
Stevros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:42pm
i have seen thos nes minis for 50 quid brand new, where are they going with their prices?
WANTED Cocktail cab Please inbox me :)
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

i have seen thos nes minis for 50 quid brand new, where are they going with their prices?

Well I hope you bought some for that price.  They've rocketed in value now since Nintendo has discontinued them, and regularly sell for three times the RRP.

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
thermal_treasure View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thermal_treasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:10pm
Absolutely ridiculous prices. Considering the failure rate of old Dreamcast consoles thats daylight robbery. I guess they will try anything seeing as the high street as we know it is on it's arse.    
aztecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aztecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Yeah the prices are pretty nuts.I picked up a boxed gba from cash generator for £9.99 took it over the road to cex and got £26 voucher.Also traded in a unboxed mk1 saturn with an extra controller and 4 mediocre games for £93.The saturn had an rf lead and the numpty behind the counter didnt know how to tune it in.   
Paul_in_nottingham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_in_nottingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:38pm
I saw a Cex round my way had a sign in the window advertising that they buy retro consoles. Cashing in on the increased popularity of retro gaming.
northwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:53pm
Just looked on greedbay and those minis are going for 169 easy, some for 250 modded ? ....... Stoooopid prices .
WANTED : STAR Wars cab empty .....TRON arcade or just the cab.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:25pm
Where do you think you can still get NES minis for £50?, because I actually want one to play, rather than scalp a profit out of (like bloody CEX and those bum holes on ebay)
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:40pm
My local CEX has 2 mini NES consoles in the window for £180 a pop.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:55pm
I wouldn't buy any more electrical stuff from the crappy places like that, got a mp3/blutooth player for the other half at xmas, cheap price and boxed, sounded pretty good too so was really happy, all working great when I tested it

she had been using it a few days and says it keeps switching off after 10 mins or so, seems if you don't touch the controls it goes off, I'd been messing with it all while testing it, so they don't test anything

I have started buying to DVD and Bluray from there, loads of the movies I downloaded in early 2000's ive been looking for DVD's and got many for 50p to £1

Been watching the Children of the Corn ones lately as I got the 3 movies set, then I found out there was 3 more, typical so looking in CEX other weekend I found no 4 and 5 for £1 each, ebay they want about £5 upwards so not bad
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:56pm
Keep an eye out for the nes mini if you really want one, there is still stock out there. Very.co.uk had stock a few weeks back and other places they just sell out in minutes - I'm guessing to people who buy 10 at a time and take them straight to CEX!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
MDK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:28pm
NES mini's Shocked, you could buy an actual complete boxed NES in decent nick for that price with cash left over.

Daftmike over on YT made an impressive enclosure and produced a kit for a DIY NES Pi. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katK16l-8gc

Also, there was news of the snes mini getting a release this year, but no official word from Nintendo yet even it's been reported on various sites.
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:04pm
there only any good for blurays

sure I seen a snes in the window of one last week for £90
and a megadrive 1 for £68

ps4 games are always overpriced
I don't understand why they always smell disgusting like a warm bag of ass ?
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:14pm
The last thing I bought from CEX was 32GB of DDR4 @3200MHZ, I thought I was getting a bargain at 55 per 16GB stick but when I got home and tested it I found it was 2 x 8GB @2400Mhz. Someone had swapped the stickers or heat spreaders.

When I took it back the guy said 'not again, this happened last time'. LOL
Thankfully I got my money back and bought a 32GB set off Amazon which I got for a great price just before the ram prices went through the roof.

I find them hit and miss tbh, but you can get some things at decent prices sometimes.
Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

LOL
Insert Coin[s]
aztecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aztecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

LOL

I love the smell of a warm bag of ass in the morning.
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:02pm
Lol. DVD and blu ray are generally good prices, along with PS2 and PS3 games
mr_ppp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_ppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:57pm
They had a sale last year on pc games and i got literally hundreds of retro pc games, most for 5p! Now the lowest price for a games is 50p, makes all the difference!
WTGBoab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WTGBoab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:29pm
Yup, total rip off merchants.

If those consoles are anything to go buy I have 60 kicking about should head up and see what they offer me!
Tedward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:32am
Jesus christ I hate CEX. Everything about them as a business is just terrible.

The staff are complete f**king plebs that know almost nothing about video games and I have had some tell me that they've tested the game/DVD personally and it works when it's riddled with scratches and just won't boot up!

Never buy off of them online- I thought I got a bargain getting Shenmue 2 (xbox) for dirt cheap but then it arrived with no cover, manual or extra DVD. You just never know what you're gonna get.

Them now selling retro games is the last straw for me. Lots of people are gonna go to them now instead of their car boot, local independent retro shop or even sodding ebay and sell their old stuff and it will sit there in the windows for months, and aside from the odd idiot thinking it's a steal no-one will buy it. I pray to god this doesn't end in a Gamestation situation where they went and destroyed their stock after stupidly inflating the prices.

Having said that- there is one branch of it that doesn't look that bad in Weston Supermare- it has a cafe integrated into their DVD's section upstairs with a few cabs, simpsons pinball table and some console setups. I would like CEX a lot more if every one of them had something like this but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic