ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ten Pence #87 - Fee-Nicks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Pence #87 - Fee-Nicks
    Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:08pm
Is Phoenix a great game despite the strange bugs? Or is Phoenix a great game because of the strange bugs? We honestly haven't a clue, but you can decide for yourself by listening to the latest fun-filled badsongtastic episode of the Ten Pence Arcade Podcast. Available at http://tenpencearcade.co.uk/ ,iTunes, and the Electrical Department at John Lewis.

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:02am
oooo, I thought it was another week until the next one, never got my feedback in for the last one. I shall download this forthwith. :)
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
swisstoni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swisstoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:57am
Excellent will download and listen to this on the commute to work
the_greeze View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_greeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 7:32pm
I must confess the local John Lewis electrical department didn't work out too well for me...

Scene: Day.
Interior of John Lewis store.
Electrical dept.
(Probably best read in a Victorian gentleman's accent).

Me: (to sales assistant) Good day Sir, could you kindly direct me to the 10P Arcade Podcast section?

Sales Assistant: Erm, sorry Sir. What?

Me: The 10p Arcade Podcast Section. Are you a buffoon?

Sales Assistant: (nervous laugh) Podcast section? We don't have one of those, sorry.

Me: What? Ridiculous! You are familiar with the term 'podcast' are you not?

Sales Assistant: Well, er, yes but...

Me: But nothing! Then why are you not stocking this fine periodical?

Sales Assistant: (anxiously looking for supervisor) I really don't know, er, can I get my superv....

Me: You most certainly cannot! You have wasted enough of my time already. I shall take my custom elsewhere! Good day, Sir.

Sales Assistant: Can I interest you in...

Me: (loudly) I said, GOOD DAY SIR!!!

ianski View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:19pm
Aww Phoenix its going to make me sad I sold my lovely cab :(
Look forward to listening though.
Looking for: Nice working monitors for my US games.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:23pm
anyone had trouble downloading this episode, I've tried a few times tonight and it says interrupted and does not fully download.  I'll give it a go downloading at work 2moz.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:54am
have you played oh sir the insult simulator on steam
some of the characters fit well with your Victorian section

what's happened to the ten pence orchestra ?
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:15pm
@the_greeze ha ha brilliant!
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
swisstoni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swisstoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:26pm
Yes I had the same problem downloading on the Podbean podcast client app ended up downloading directly from the site instead.

Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

anyone had trouble downloading this episode, I've tried a few times tonight and it says interrupted and does not fully download.  I'll give it a go downloading at work 2moz.
Nik73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:45pm
Great episode boys. Gutted I missed out on Phoenix as it's one of my all time favourites. :(
That said, have always been pretty pants at it, but I think that's because I had no idea about the bonuses and just killed everything as quick as possible!

As always, great to get some tips as this is one I'll keep playing (just with a better score).
Commando is similar in that I love it, but am pretty crap at it. Looking forward to giving it some hammer. I think one of my best scores was at Arcade Club last time I was there, but it was still average at best. Looking to crack 100k or snap the joystick in the process as I seem to really slam it when changing direction quickly.
Keep up the good work.

EDIT: After a first session, I've clearly overestimated my abilities by a considerable amount. 100k is a pipe dream.

EDIT 2: It seems dreams can come true!

Edited by Nik73 - 24 Jun 2017 at 9:30pm
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:37am
listened to the phoenix podcast yesterday whilst laying slabs in the baking hot sun Unhappy
great podcast as always 
and nice to hear the biscuit themed ten pence orchestra back Thumbs Up

your mini review of skycurser  has sparked my interest in the game again i was not that impressed by it on first glance at revival but only got to play two credits and knew nothing of the game mechanics 

can we have mushimesama or armed police batrider as a future game choice please 
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm
I listened to this a while back and can't remember much (getting old now), but some highlights were;

Victorian Insults - I love how Shaun starts to lose the accent half way through..

The return of the Mighty 10pence Orchestra - what a tune, what editing, the overlaying of the vocal tracks, the rhyming stanzas, oh my what an aural treat.

Shaun's Tech Tips were, somewhat surprisingly, actually useful and at no point did he tell me to lick the anode cap - amazing.

Onto this weeks game - Commando, a game that for me epitomises the 80's, with a chance to become John Rambo and kick some jungle butt! Unfortunately I am pants at it and keep running into bullets and trees.

PS: Great time at Play Glasgow with Mr Holley who let me rub his shiny head in exchange for some biscuits!!

Meep, Meep !!!

Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
Chunksin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:05am
Thanks for the shout out chaps, and thanks for getting me through a 27 hour work marathon last Sunday by listening to random episodes from the back catalogue. Shaun's Hey Flicky song and Vic's Ode to Scramble were my favorites of many highlights that saved me from eating my hands in boredom. Top work fellas!

Edited by Chunksin - 25 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
silversmurfer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversmurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 12:03pm
Another great podcast guys ...
could kick myself that I missed the mahoosive bonus you could get by letting the saucer thing get to the bottom- that was obviously my downfall and not due to lack of skill in anyway of course !

Common Biscuits - destined to be an absolute comedy classic - appreciate the time and effort put into this ! No really honest!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic