ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sony Trinitron CRT Horzontal Width

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sony Trinitron CRT Horzontal Width
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:33am
I am trying to use an old crt tv in a jamma cabinet by means of the scart connector.
I have the cable made up and connected and get an image but the geometry is off.

There is about 2 inches of shift to the left which I think is a common issue when using an rgb scart connection?

I have adjusted the pots on the tv chassis and gained full vertical size and centre but the horizontal size if still too small. There are horizontal centre and size pots but I have adjusted these and am still left with about an inch of black border at the left and right sides.

Is there any way to solve this??
mariopaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:35am
Forgot to add the TV is a Sony KV-2150U
ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:45am
Google for the model number and things like service menu.

mariopaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:55am
Thanks, I will give that a go once I find the remote control.
Just wondered if there would be adjustments in the service menu and on the chassis?
Asure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:40am
Most 'modern' TV's have these adjustments in the service menu as they are digital/ic based.
Haven't seen 'modern' tv's with pots for some time. (mid 1990's and up.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic