ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Stools/Seats for Candy Cabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stools/Seats for Candy Cabs
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:48am
Been playing a lot on my Dino King and the stool I have has no padding and after about 30 mins I start to loose circulation to parts of my body I'd sooner not loose circulation to ... Anyone know where I can get some of those nice Red padded Candy Cab stools from.

Cheers in Advance
Tony
WANTED -> Buck Rogers PCB, Atari TimePilot, BurgerTime
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:57am
The official Taito ones from Japan do go for crazy money. For the cambridge event I quickly searched locally and found these (Argos, £3.99, Ikea do similar with a plastic top). They did the job but for extended gaming I'm pretty sure some cheap upholstery foam and a cover could be sorted quite easily (my other half does all that stuff - maybe I should press her into service to provide for the UK candy owning community Tongue)

Edited by Flinnster - 14 Sep 2017 at 10:58am

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:18am
I have something similar .. and after about 30 mins to an hour I have to walk around to get the circulation going again. I know a couple of those nice padded red stools built for candy's have sold on here in the past. I think I need one of those for my pampered derrière LOL
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:37am
Don't do a google search.. the results ain't great...

- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Don't do a google search.. the results ain't great...

I don't even want to imagine what google would cough up!!!! Pinch
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:35pm
I bought of the nice candy cab stools off Arcade Otaku, they were about £40 iirc. Perfect for dino seating.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

I bought of the nice candy cab stools off Arcade Otaku, they were about £40 iirc. Perfect for dino seating.

I shall take a gander Big smile

cheers
Tony
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:19pm
Send Ronnie at rklok a message.

I bought a couple of Taito ones from him for a good price that had ripped cloth.
Going to get them covered in leather eventually.
WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:29pm
I bought these bad boys for my candy cabs and I love them!

They were pricey, but they look great, are handmade in the UK and are very comfortable.

I will dig out the guy who did them if anyone is interested.

edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:39pm
I think I've seen these on ebay and like you said I was put off by the price. Whats the workmanship like? Are they worth the price?

cheers
Tony
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

I think I've seen these on ebay and like you said I was put off by the price. Whats the workmanship like? Are they worth the price?

cheers
Tony

Really good quality on workmanship and materials used.  I was really hesitant spending that much, but buy once, cry once..................

I don't think I am seen them on ebay though, are you sure they are the same ones?

The company is Rocket Stools.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:49pm
[/QUOTE]
I don't think I am seen them on ebay though, are you sure they are the same ones?
[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I can't think where else I would have seen them..... but £149 is alot of Beer money...
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm
I am so gonna pester my other half to do something. Probably cost about a tenner ;)

JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:54pm

[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I can't think where else I would have seen them..... but £149 is alot of Beer money...
[/QUOTE] 

Agreed and two of these are getting close to buying a cab, but since I sit down a lot I thought I would treat my backside to the best for once.............Smile
TWB View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

They were pricey, but they look great, are handmade in the UK and are very comfortable.

I would be interested in getting a couple of these, could you let me know where you got them from, please.
WANTED
BOARDS: Phoenix, Gun Smoke, Cosmic Guerilla, Astro Invader/Kamikaze, Astro Fighter & Astro Blaster.
CABS: Defender project.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:14pm
TWB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:15pm

http://www.rocketstools.co.uk

Thanks
WANTED
BOARDS: Phoenix, Gun Smoke, Cosmic Guerilla, Astro Invader/Kamikaze, Astro Fighter & Astro Blaster.
CABS: Defender project.
JAG555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by TWB TWB wrote:

I would be interested in getting a couple of these, could you let me know where you got them from, please.

Yep, that's the one. All you have to do is ask for a slightly higher stool, as these are a little low as standard.

Well worth it in my opinion, but I know the cost might put some off.
edget2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edget2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:04pm

Yep, that's the one. All you have to do is ask for a slightly higher stool, as these are a little low as standard.

Can I ask what height yours are?

cheers
Tony
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:08pm

Been playing a lot on my Dino King

Needless to say Tony but this bit got totally ignored, so I'll just say 'nice one, nice one!' Thumbs Up
(Did you jamma convert it?)

Edited by Flinnster - 14 Sep 2017 at 5:09pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic