ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Amiga 1200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amiga 1200
    Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:46pm
I bought this a while back and haven't even used it .. 
I had a A500 when I was a kid and I used to just load the floppy discs up and play so I don't know too much about it .
K1ngarth3r (Tom) was helping me look at it (Thanks mate) and told me to open it up last night to see what was installed .. it has Kickstart 3.1 roms installed and a 80gb hard drive. Its got a 4bg CF card but when I plugged it into my old laptop it didn't seem to have anything on it.
Console is good but the keys are a bit yellow
mouse is yellow
It has a hacked pc power supply 
and a Retro computer shack amiga RGB V2.2 Lead
whats it worth? 
cheers

Edited by stegrey - 08 Dec 2017 at 4:49pm
*SMG*
Wanted: Cabs: Paperboy, Daytona
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:36pm
Ive had 3pms about the amiga but no valuations any ideas on price?
*SMG*
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:00pm
It's got to be worth between £150-£200 in my opinion.

I had a look at sold listing on eBay which indicated around £200 would be a good price, £150 would be a good price here on the forum I guess. 
Looking for: American Laser Games stuff!, Dragon's Lair 2 dedicated cab
markjw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:12pm
I purchased an Amiga 1200 with Kickstart 3.0, original power supply and mouse from Gumtree a few months back - plain machine with no CF card, HDD, floppies or cables. Paid £100 for it which I consider a very good price from looking on eBay

I would think your machine would have to be worth at least £150, possible more if you got an original power supply to go with it (seen them for around £15 on eBay).

Don't worry to much about the yellowing - pretty standard for machines of the 80's and 90's and can be cleaned up. Also looking at the Kickstart ROMs, think your machine came originally with 3.0 and those are fairly new 3.1 upgrade set from the labels added by the previous owner

Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:43pm
1200's are pretty sought after.  Assuming it works and given the RGB lead, hard drive and CF card etc, maybe £175 as a forum price?

It's a shame about the power supply not being original but I imagine you'd still be looking at £200+ on eBay.
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:22pm
thanks guys
*SMG*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic