ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Sega Rally 1995 Twin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Rally 1995 Twin
    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:39pm
How much are these worth?

Edited by Sbdesign - 09 Apr 2018 at 9:06pm
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:06pm
Can't believe the one on ebay went for £1300
Both sides had graphics issues.

2huwman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:22pm
yeah, that seemed a bit nuts. fully working twin I would have thought £800ish at the most. 
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:34pm
Never seen one that cheap myself. Do you think if you put wanted with £800 waiting for fully working sega rally twin, there will be people on here jumping at you?

But valuations on these machines (arcades with non for sale) is hard.
Currently no sega rally twins for sale on ebay = right now it is worth more, and will have a higher selling value.  I have seen some mega drive games which go for £15 on auction 1 week, and 3 sold week after for £60.

There is a virtua cop 2 for sale £2,000, the seller won't let go for less than £1500, on here people say worth £500, but they can't find one to sell you one for £500.  Which means the valuation is pointless.
Again will a advert saying £500 waiting for great condition virtua cop land you with one?

How much is a sega rally 2 twin worth i your eyes?  I know someone struggled to shift one on here for a bit when selling for £1,200.  But only takes 2 people to want who have it on their want list and it could be worth £2000 in a different month.

Also one other point is where it is sold, it costs about £250-£500 (as per quotes in the past) to get a twin from one end of the country to the other.  So I'll pay more for one close, and a lot less if it was on the other side.
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:24pm
forum prices about £800
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:25pm
I think it's price/time relationship.
Sell something at a forum price and it'll often go instantly.
Double the asking price and you'll be waiting an indeterminate amount of time until you get lucky.

The graph works the other way around if you put up a wanted with a price tag

Edited by John Bennett - 16 Apr 2018 at 10:26pm
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:29pm
Sega rally 2 twin working £1/1200.
Rally 1 twin £800 as said.

eBay prices are usually shill bid if they go for silly money. £1300 for rally 1 is mental as it was faulty both sides.

They do appear on forums just not too often. Vc2 is only ever a £500 max machine.

Just my opinion.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
AaronBoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:40pm
As above I'd have said £800 or thereabouts - the £1300 you mentioned sold for £700 a couple of weeks before that and the seller had it listed across the road for £500. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see it resurface again. RE: Virtua Cop; the seller who has it on for £2k is well known on the forums and that cab (along with all his others) have been relisted ad nauseam literally for years. It won't ever sell at that price because it simply isn't worth it.

End of the day people pay whatever they want for cabs and opinions differ depending on whether it's something they're interested in. 
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:48pm
hmm
Interesting info guys.  This is why I joined, and ask this stuff, got a lot to learn.
It is Interesting to learn how forum prices vs... ebay etc work, and with the explanations it all makes sense.

"The graph works the other way around if you put up a wanted with a price tag" - very good point, and is 100% logical.

Anyhow...
Do many virtua cop 1/2 come up on here? and do the deluxe models?

I've asking because Im curious, all machines I buy, I am buying for life (so he says) ... I will never sell on, unless a massive change in circumstance.  These machines are something I want to get, restore, look after and always cherish, because I always said I would have one, one day.

tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:08pm
Muddymusic sold a Virtua Cop 2 on here about 2 years ago for £175. It had a crack in the mirror and was missing some sideart but otherwise was fully working. Admittedly that was pretty cheap but I think it would've struggled at £500!
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:30pm
My op friend may be selling his vc2 upright in a few weeks. It currently has a pcb fault which he is sorting. If it’s for sale soon I will list it for him.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:03am
£1300 for a faulty Sega Rally twin is crazy, I think I sold my fully working Japanese twin (better spec than UK version) for £900 and that was in superb condition.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
The machines on ebay at 2k are exactly priced for reasons like that, when it's the only one on some mug might pay it but I would sooner wait and pay less than half that

Plus those machines have been for sale for 2+ years which tells you something

Take the advice from people here as there the prices you should be paying, through the summer when lots of people are on holiday you can probably expect to see them selling for a few hundred less

Just don't ever be in a hurry to buy something, end of day how many years have you maybe wanted to own stuff like it, so what's another few months waitSmile

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:51am
Good advice everyone.

My logic has changed, and I am convinced, simply because everything said here is very logical, and not hard to understand, but it was initially hard to draw same assumptions/presumptions without having this discussion. Thanks.

I started collecting April 1st 2018.
I now have...
Sega Rally Twin
Sega Rally 2 twin
Virtua Tennis 2 Naomi
virtua Striker 4 Naomi (triforce)

Perhaps i jumped in way to quick, ran out of room. 
Sega rally's were always on my bucket list tho, and was scared they will vanish for ever!!!

I guess they always come and go!

Funny thing is I have a duel arcade stick, 65" screen, and all emulators, never played them lol
I could have played sega rally any time but never did.  

What if I want to put a jamma board in my triforce do I need the cap com convertor? and if so how much do they go for?  Is a Naomi Cab JVS?
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

Good advice everyone.

Funny thing is I have a duel arcade stick, 65" screen, and all emulators, never played them lol

I know that line all to well LOL

Now I am confused

So you started April Fools day and already have Sega Rally 1 & 2 Twin and 2 Naomi

Sorry I thought you were looking to buy ones now but I don't always read things rightEmbarrassed so I'm guessing you paid a highish price then. end of the day it don't matter as long as you have something you want and not looking to sell anytime soon, even if you loose a few hundred after 6 months, every hobby cost money but also it doesn't mean you wouldn't get more than prices here, it was more a guide of what you ideally paySmile

I know what your saying and some machines you would be exactly right, but Sega Rally twins are one of the most seen cabs for sale on ebay I'd say, Rally 2 a bit less but certainly seem to be plenty around still

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

Good advice everyone.

I know that line all to well LOL

Now I am confused

So you started April Fools day and already have Sega Rally 1 & 2 Twin and 2 Naomi

Sorry I thought you were looking to buy ones now but I don't always read things rightEmbarrassed so I'm guessing you paid a highish price then. end of the day it don't matter as long as you have something you want and not looking to sell anytime soon, even if you loose a few hundred after 6 months, every hobby cost money but also it doesn't mean you wouldn't get more than prices here, it was more a guide of what you ideally paySmile

I know what your saying and some machines you would be exactly right, but Sega Rally twins are one of the most seen cabs for sale on ebay I'd say, Rally 2 a bit less but certainly seem to be plenty around still

Sorry initial query was because I just wondered how much to throw at it to get perfect.
I don't feel I paid to much, but wish I joined forum first and pre 2018!!!

As I said, I don't plan on seller these keepers, will always have them, just value was out of interest.  I like the feeling of good value, as opposed to ripped off and feeling stupid.

So all pointless reallyTongueTongue

2huwman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:06pm
Probably many of us (definitely me included!) have paid over the odds at some stage for a cab or PCB. I'm much more patient now than I was when I started collecting. Having got my grails, I can take them as they come now, and enjoy what I've got!
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Yeah i have ended up paying more for a can but dont matter if keeping them, as long as you have something you dreamt of owning for years, thats all that matters

Also depends on condition for value but i wouldnt worry about it

Great choice though, sega rally is cool. I had a twin years back and sold it on after a year because other machines came along and now done a twin sega driver with mame etc on so i can play all driving games

So whats next on your list lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic