ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Greetings from Hungary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Hungary
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:19pm
Hi everyone!

I am actually more like a pinball enthusiast, but recently the Arcadia festival was hosted here in Hungary Budapest (300+pinball and 200+ arcade machines to play for 3 days), and I've came across with the Atari Badlands. It was an instantaneous love, so I've started to search for a machine like this (I only own a Gottlieb Premier Raven currently). Obviously with no luck here in the middle of Europe (I believe the machine we played came from another country, because the festival is somewhat international). Long story short, since than I've managed to get a main board from the US, and a "half empty" cab from the next town, and I've decided to build everything around these. As an electrical engineer it's not a big deal to hook up some encoders switches and power supply's, but I need details about the original item, I hope I find some answers here, and that I can help others in some (mostly electrical) questions.

I'm planning to make the whole steering assembly and so on, already made a 3D model (from original docs and pictures found online):

Actually made the whole Cab in 3D CAD (first I wanted to build the whole thing, but I've found a base cab to get started with), it's not finished jet but:

All this work, may sound silly, but I like to make stuff anyway, and the board will be original. :)

Will post questions soon, thanks for having me!
Regards!
Lazlo

iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:24pm
Welcome to the forum.

I popped into the Budapest Pinball Museum a couple of years ago - great selection of pins!

Good luck with your build...

Edited by iamjimmi - 11 Jan 2019 at 5:26pm
paulcan69 View Drop Down
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulcan69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm
Welcome dude
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic