Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

monitor swop ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: monitor swop ?
    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:35am
hi all got a millipede cab power converted that came with a Matsush*ta TM 202g dead as a door nail flyback look like it had melted and binned it off as all the information i could find said there not worth the bother  ,i have a kortex 
that i would like to use in it if possible ? if not any idea what i can use in it thanks for your time Thumbs Up

Edited by vids - 14 Aug 2019 at 9:37am
davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:02am
Is it the same size monitor, and will physically fit in place?

If so then you should be able to swap them. You may need to wire a different connector for the new monitor, but if you are happy doing a bit of wire cutting/crimping then it should be easy enough
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by davey d davey d wrote:

Is it the same size monitor, and will physically fit in place?

If so then you should be able to swap them. You may need to wire a different connector for the new monitor, but if you are happy doing a bit of wire cutting/crimping then it should be easy enough

Dead on double checking the size nope the original was 19 inch this is a 20 inch ,i may have a 19 inch hantarex going to take a look at the couple of monitors under the pinball table LOL also when i compared monitor power connector colours are reversed as black /white for usa connector white black for uk ?
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:24am
Depends what tube it is, all goes on the tube pinout and if the scan coils measure similar

Have the same TM 202g chassis though I'm sure it was in my After Burner cab and monitor was dead too, looks ok, pics in this thread

The only thing is, if you fix it and it packs up again they your in same boat, which is why I've replaced many of mine to Hanterex so I have a good bunch of cabs with either Wells Gardner or Hanty and most same model

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Depends what tube it is, all goes on the tube pinout and if the scan coils measure similar

Have the same TM 202g chassis though I'm sure it was in my After Burner cab and monitor was dead too, looks ok, pics in this thread

The only thing is, if you fix it and it packs up again they your in same boat, which is why I've replaced many of mine to Hanterex so I have a good bunch of cabs with either Wells Gardner or Hanty and most same model

its gone to the recycling centre bloody thing as you know i have no room LOL got a couple of hantys kept the original frame hope to swop over and then work out the connections Smile
Pinge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:29pm
Have you measured that the 20" is bigger than the 19"?
M K L View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M K L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:45pm
20" is for UK/Europe what 19" is for the US. Same thing.
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by M K L M K L wrote:

20" is for UK/Europe what 19" is for the US. Same thing.

I shall see if it fits the frame i kept
Liam View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
I have one of these KTM-Fs. It should have a 20" (US 19") 48cm tube.

It can replace an MTC9000 ideally because the tube size and signal input are the same, but the frame won't fit in the housing of some Electrocoin cabs after the MTC9000 is taken out.

Edited by Liam - 14 Aug 2019 at 4:33pm
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Liam Liam wrote:

I have one of these KTM-Fs. It should have a 20" (US 19") 48cm tube.

Appreciate that thanks
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:39am
well i hooked it up apart from slight rolling of picture seemed fine ,took it out of original frame and transferred to frame of monitor that was in it and and bingo bango bright white line down the middle of the screen which i think indicates horizontal collapse as its in the vertical position in cabinet ? Confused sometimes i hate this fkcin hobby with a passion Angry god im tired of this sh*t Ouch
davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:24pm
Have you missed any connections when you swapped the monitor over? some monitors look like they collapse if you don't connect the remote board
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 1:12pm

Have you missed any connections when you swapped the monitor over? some monitors look like they collapse if you don't connect the remote board

good shout LOL did that still not working then i noticed i forgot to plug the monitor video cable in LOL then it was back to front forgot i had it in an op wolf cab LOL and after correcting all that its alive but screen keeps rolling tried adjusting from remote board next try adjusting from chassis fingers crossed for that Smile
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 1:16pm

i may be using the wrong video connector plugged in the white one maybe i need the red one though it will not fit as is ? 
davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm
What are those connectors for?
vids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:33pm

What are those connectors for?

they are for the monitor red one was for the matshusita that was in it originally and white for other monitors i believe but stand to be corrected Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic