ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for specific arcade cabinet with Super Str
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Looking for specific arcade cabinet with Super Str

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for specific arcade cabinet with Super Str
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:46am
Hi, everyone, I used to post infrequently on Jamma plus.

I'm pretty sure most of you remember my legendary post regarding the specific Super Street fighter 2 cabinet I've been looking for that I used to frequently play in Sheffield so many years ago.

Anyway I'm still looking for it, lol. I'm sure someone at Jamma+ eventually came across this cabinet during my haitus from Jamma+ because I only found out late last year that Jamma+ shut down.

Anyway the description of this cabinet: black, stand up cabinet with 6 buttons on the 1 and 2 player sides, dragon symbol on the side. Two uneven sticks, with both stick mounted deep inside the hole. Super Street fighter 2 game (not Super Turbo with Akuma, the version without). Last seen in Sheffield, so the current owner possibly lives close by.

The seller sold it before I had the chance to buy it. I was only in Sheffield for the week at that time to visit my brother at University and I waited 2 months after that before contacting the owners (Sheffield Amusements) who deal in renting arcades. They don't remember who they sold it to but they think it was probably sold to someone in the Whitby area.

If anyone here can lead me to the whereabouts of this arcade machine I'll give them £1000. Even if the current owner doesn't want to sell it, that's fine you'll get the money. All I want to know is the make of the sticks and buttons used on this arcade specific arcade cabinet.

... Feel free to ask me questions if you need to.

EDIT: Additional updated info, if you can't be bothered to read through this thread, lol

The arcade cabinet looked almost identical in design, size, button layout and positioning to the arcade in the middle with the "ARCADEPRO" sign but the buttons were red and the sticks looked very similar to MCA sticks, the player 2 stick looked like large sized MCA stick, both sticks didn't have washers and were mounted deep, by approximately 1 or 2cm.

The Chinese Dragon silhouette symbol on the side of the cabinet was entirely in green or yellow but looked similar to the images below, minus the clouds on the 2nd image.

https://cdn.clipart.email/1f87c508e8ea98d5a49f7fd27629c09b_silhouette-of-a-chinese-dragon-free-stock-photo-public-domain-_1920-1440.jpeg

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 8:26pm
Candyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Cobra Cobra wrote:

All I want to know is the make of the sticks and buttons used on this arcade specific arcade cabinet.

Two uneven sticks, with both stick mounted deep inside the hole.

Probs just Suzo 500 sticks and regular old Happ buttons... typical of the cabs from the day.
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:36pm
I've tried purchasing various arcade sticks and microswitches throughout the years and I haven't found anything more precise than the sticks on that arcade cabinet. It's not a Suzo or MCA stick.

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 2:08am
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Cobra Cobra wrote:

If anyone here can lead me to the whereabouts of this arcade machine I'll give them £1000. Even if the current owner doesn't want to sell it, that's fine you'll get the money. All I want to know is the make of the sticks and buttons used on this arcade specific arcade cabinet.

... Feel free to ask me questions if you need to.

your going to give someone £1000 just to know the whereabouts of the machine?
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:58pm
Oh my, I remember those posts on J+, that was about 10years back, even to this day if someone mentions Whitby I always think of that post and mysterious grail cab with dragons. :)

Edited by Bensonrad - 14 Feb 2020 at 6:00pm
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
r-type View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:46pm
I remember you chap. 

I seem to remember Zaccaria JAMMA cabs and Suzo sticks being mentioned, but none were close.

Good luck with your search mate. You really are searching for that one grail cab aren't you!
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:52pm
You may not remember any more info but just incase you do here's a few questions.
What colour were the sticks, black or red and did they have dust washers on? When you say the sticks were uneven do you mean the right one was positioned lower than the left? Was it a large control panel or a small one and was the control panel flat or on an angle?

If you're willing to pay someone £1000 for info then how much would you pay to buy the actual cab if you find it In all seriousness if anyone on here can help point you in the right direction I'm sure they wouldn't want or accept a £1k finders fee
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:31pm
Did the Sticks have flat tops? Ball tops? chrome shafts or same colour as the tops? what was the name of the arcade that the cab was located in? I used to travel around to various arcades back in the day for SF2 tournaments
Looking for More Space!!
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:41pm
Ok I’ll tell you what I can do, 2 grand and I’ll consider telling you the friend of mines mother who might know the guy that knew the other guys brothers girlfriends dad who once apparently walked past this very cab when it was once sited in a cafe in the 90’s, the guy in question though is a bit of a compulsive liar, but don’t let that put you off, I’ll send over my PP details, gift only pls, or add the fees
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Brettster Brettster wrote:

Did the Sticks have flat tops? Ball tops? chrome shafts or same colour as the tops? what was the name of the arcade that the cab was located in? I used to travel around to various arcades back in the day for SF2 tournaments

It wasn't an arcade, it was a random Pizza delivery shop in Sheffield, they were renting the arcade from "Sheffield Amusements". The sticks were ball tops, they look very similar to Suzo sticks, all in black plastic including the shaft, but were slightly smaller than Suzo sticks. The buttons and sticks were extremely responsive. Most arcade sticks feel square when you hit all 4 corners these sticks felt round with a 360 gate.

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 2:06am
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 5:41am
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

You may not remember any more info but just incase you do here's a few questions.
What colour were the sticks, black or red and did they have dust washers on? When you say the sticks were uneven do you mean the right one was positioned lower than the left? Was it a large control panel or a small one and was the control panel flat or on an angle?

Entirely in black, no dust washers, you could see inside the hole the sticks were mounted in. Both sticks were mounted 1 or 2cm inside the hole. I recall the stick on the left being shorter than the stick on the right. The buttons were red and perfectly horizontal,and I distinctly remember a yellow/green Dragon on the side of the cabinet. For some reason I think the new arcade in Leeds might have it but I'll need to go down there to check, or one of you guys can do this for me if you live nearby and have the time.

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 2:19am
BraveDave View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraveDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:50pm
Just saw this marquee in another post. Is it anything like the dragon you mentioned? By Microplay apparently.

Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 6:23pm
Are you able to do a rough drawing sketch of the dragon logos? that might help pinpoint it.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:17pm
I think you are doomed not to find out, even if the right stick was found you may never know as the wear and tear on it was at a specific time in its life.

Also played cabs in Sheffield :P
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:29pm
could it possibly be an Australian MCA joystick?

Looking for More Space!!
neogeojames View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neogeojames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:57pm
Forgive my ignorance, but surely if the fighting cab described has Dragons on, isn't that actually a mortal Kombat?
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 1:56am

Brettster, its not the MCA sticks because I purchased a two MCA sticks a few years ago and they don't feel the same. I mentioned this on Jamma+ at the time. The sticks look more like the MCA stick than any other stick I've seen so far. They could possibly be MCA sticks with rare microswitches.

neogeojames, it was a generic Chinese Dragon silhouette symbol. It wasn't the Mortal Kombat dragon logo or the Double Dragon logo.

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 4:25am
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Are you able to do a rough drawing sketch of the dragon logos? that might help pinpoint it.

I'll post similar images.

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 4:21am
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:00am
Originally posted by ZedEx48K ZedEx48K wrote:

I think you are doomed not to find out, even if the right stick was found you may never know as the wear and tear on it was at a specific time in its life.

Also played cabs in Sheffield :P

The arcade cabinet had to be no less than 20 years old at the time I saw it, it was already worn out, lol.
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:02am
The arcade cabinet looked almost identical in design, size, button layout and positioning to the arcade in the middle with the "ARCADEPRO" sign but the buttons were red and the sticks looked very similar to MCA sticks, the player 2 stick looked like large sized MCA stick, both sticks didn't have washers and were mounted deep, by approximately 1 or 2cm.

The Chinese Dragon silhouette symbol on the side of the cabinet was entirely in green or yellow but looked similar to the images below, minus the clouds on the 2nd image.

https://cdn.clipart.email/1f87c508e8ea98d5a49f7fd27629c09b_silhouette-of-a-chinese-dragon-free-stock-photo-public-domain-_1920-1440.jpeg

Edited by Cobra - 17 Feb 2020 at 4:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic