ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help Identify this Cockpit game late 70s, early 80
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Help Identify this Cockpit game late 70s, early 80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Identify this Cockpit game late 70s, early 80
    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:28am
Hi

Reminiscing with a mate and trying to identify a game.

Would have been from around 79-80. 
Was in a cockpit.
Similar gameplay to Space Invaders, Galaxian ie waves of aliens you shoot.
Was not a game you shot into the screen like Star Wars.
Control was a flight one like Star Wars not joystick .
Might have had the colours bands across screen like Space Invaders.

Have searched for Cockpit games and not found any that he thinks is this one.  (Looked at article on arcadeblogger and also tried to filter on klov but doesn't seem to show only games that had a cockpit release).  Not saying wasn't released in upright form, but he only remembers a cockpit.

Was not Radarscope.

Thanks for any help as has me baffled, assuming all info above correct which after 40 or so years can't guarantee!!

Cheers
Greg

giantkeeling View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:33am
Sega Space Tactics?
Robotgreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:05pm
Awesome, thank you.  That is it, he's confirmed!!
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:24pm
Not heard of this one myself so had to look it up. Cool cab!

giantkeeling View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:26pm
I used to play it at the Circus Circus arcade in Great Yarmouth.
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:00pm
Yeah I was going to suggest Space Tactics. There was one for sale near me a few years ago for cheap. A very complex machine though, I couldn't have fixed it in a million years.

They had one in the soon to be completely demolished Bright Spot arcade New Brighton near me. Here's a pic of it in the Bright Spot..
Lurch666 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:30pm
Kinda threw me where you stated that you don't 'shoot into the screen like star wars' because in space tactics that's exactly what you do....
You rang......?
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

Yeah I was going to suggest Space Tactics. There was one for sale near me a few years ago for cheap. A very complex machine though, I couldn't have fixed it in a million years.

They had one in the soon to be completely demolished Bright Spot arcade New Brighton near me. Here's a pic of it in the Bright Spot..

‘Iam just bringing the kids out for a stroll’
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:02pm
Robotgreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Lurch666 Lurch666 wrote:

Kinda threw me where you stated that you don't 'shoot into the screen like star wars' because in space tactics that's exactly what you do....

Yeah sorry.  I did say might not be all correct!Tongue

Also I did query with him as with the control he described, did sound like it would shoot into the screen!  Anyway all good now as identified.  Think I remember playing it too now but is a long time ago and not one I played that much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic