Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

track n field/hyper olympics pcb help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: track n field/hyper olympics pcb help
    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:23pm
Hi guys i have a little dedicated cab this pcbs from and its been faulty since I got it
my dad removed the battery as it was dead
it displays like the pic .. the characters seem to work and the sounds are there
is there anything I can check or anyone good with these boards?
would love to get the cab working again 
sorry the pics not the best but its basically green the background but the characters are there and it seems to play 
I took a pic of pcb someone might know what version it is
(pcbs ontop of a box not just lying on the carpet)

Edited by stegrey - 10 Aug 2019 at 4:25pm

stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:34pm
Bump :)

TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
Few simple things to check :-

Make sure +5v is ok
Remove / clean and refit all socketed chips.

Is there any background at all ?? Cant see picture great.

Dave.

Edited by TheDaddy - 07 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
AKA Wonderboy.
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
Probably the background graphics ROM/Rams are bad.  If it's got loads of fujitsu chips on them they could be bad too.  If you don't know anything about fixing pcbs, the best you can try do is what Dave has suggested.  If you don't mind the wait I can take a look at it for you.  I've still got a stack of pcbs that needs fixing atm and don't really want to add more to the pile as it won't be fair although this looks like it might be an easy fix. 
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:59pm
I have around 70 or so to repair so i feel your pain monstermug ! Lol.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:06am
Would the test roms help with this ?
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:02am
The sockets are notoriuosly bad on these boards.

I would check sockets, and roms, but also use the test rom to confirm if the rams are ok.  I guess that could also check the roms are ok

Shinydaz is good with these boards but not sure if he looks at them for others.  I could maybe take a look at this for you if you are stuck, and in no hurry

Cheers
Ben
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:49am
Yes as previously stated, it will probably be either be a fajitsu ic and/or socket. Give the legs a clean on the socketed chips and when it's running, press down hard on them and it might give you a clue on where your problem is. Shoestrings test rom is definitely worth burning.
Out of room but always room for one more !
stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:37pm
Thank you so much for all the replys on this :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic