Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

UK Neo Geo cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

It is an official electrocoin cab although the art was added on by somebody. It's an Electrocoin playvision.

Google shows not hits for a cab by that name?
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Monitor bezel is not original - home deffo made, 
Wrong sticks, 
Wrong side-art for a UK cab, 
Wrong marquee for a UK cab.

In fact it looks like this one with a new paint job and some stickers.

Avoid....

That's interesting. I've never seen one of these and there's 2 for sale within a month. I do wonder if they were a small batch put out by electrocoin in the 90s
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:41pm
They are different cabs. Apart from the obvious differences I have pics of that one with the red sideart from a year or 2 ago. Both are original electrocoin cabs. My best guess is that these Playvision cabs were made before they came up with the more common "single site" and "arcade" models pictured above. Pretty rare I would say, even though 2 have been on ebay recently I've never seen any others.
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

It is an official electrocoin cab although the art was added on by somebody. It's an Electrocoin playvision.

Google shows not hits for a cab by that name?

I know there is zero info on it. I've got a pic of it in an old Elctrocoin catalogue/brochure.
J69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:51pm

They are different cabs. Apart from the obvious differences I have pics of that one with the red sideart from a year or 2 ago. Both are original electrocoin cabs. My best guess is that these Playvision cabs were made before they came up with the more common "single site" and "arcade" models pictured above. Pretty rare I would say, even though 2 have been on ebay recently I've never seen any others.

I've agreed to buy. Now to find the money.....
FanDabbyDozy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanDabbyDozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:24pm
Its an original cab, the previous owner the the guy now selling it, offered it to me a while back, said it was an early / prototype cab.

The current seller is a guy called Lee, pleasent to deal with, does the printing of the extra and replaced art himself, not to my taste, but each to there own.

He was selling a repro digdug and lcd converted mega tech with the guts ripped out a while back, along with a naomi shooting cab running confidentail mission (think sean on here bought it), the guy who also owned this before lee is the same guy who owned the neo cab (and megatech before being gutted) and bought the cheap NOS super system cabs, that were then resold at the far higher price, I know this as I bought one of them........still do not regret it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic