Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

UKPinfest August 25th & 26th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Big Phil Big Phil wrote:

I had a few arcade machines in one of the smaller meeting rooms.

I didn't know that.

one previous year, the smaller room contained consoles (with pinball related games)

other times the odd video game (lots of pin collectors also have vids) and one year someone even attempted to do a tutorial on fixing pins - although that one is very tricky, since I feel you need hands on rather than slides

I would have introduced myself, but had no idea which one of the blue polo shirt brigade was you! (besides, I was playing pinball ...)

TWB View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:18pm
I popped along on Sunday, I wish I had noticed the UKVAC tshirt I would have come and introduced myself.

It’s the first dedicated pinball event I’ve ever been to. Got to play Iron Maiden which I loved, Spectrum and Rocky also stood out for me and enjoyed the two linked Fast Break pins.

People were generally good with only a few playing multiple credits, but I think you’ll get that at any event. I found the pin heads polite and friendly and played a few games of doubles when there were a couple of us waiting for the same machine.

My only criticism was the competition machines being in with machines for general use I almost started to play a game then noticed the competition label so left the machine but wasn’t sure when or if they became available for none competition use, may be it would have been better having them fenced off while in competition use.

Overall I thought it a really well run event with any machines that went down very quickly repaired and I had a fun day.

I will definitely be back for a day if it’s on again next year.

Edited by TWB - 28 Aug 2018 at 8:19pm
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs: Starforce | Ms Pacman
Parts:
Big Phil View Drop Down
Captain Phil

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:09am
Thanks for the feedback! Already making plans for next year.
DMD Board Repairer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic