ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Site Maintenance and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

UKVAC Dead Links Technical Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrightDarkness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UKVAC Dead Links Technical Page
    Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:31am
Given my recent membership, I thought I'd check out the rest of the website; The technical page is appealing; albeit we have such a good traction and interaction on the forum that one hardly uses the technical page.

That said, the page URLs needs serious updating. I noticed it was last updated in Oct 2010. The GameArchive's Technical Forum link directs you to a YouTube Video teaching kids to count using Lego!!

So the above is probably for the Administrators/Webmasters.

However, I thought we would contribute to this page.

Here's few I visited and found useful (I really didn't dump the log list, thought I'd give others a chance to add)

TalkingElectronics.com : they have a YouTube Channel, but their interactive website (although old) has been great for electronics from beginner to advanced. I've built few projects (my first logic probe for example)

Dave Pinx's Site : I really like the dedication to Vector Arcade. BUT, what I found really useful few years ago, is pointing people to his repair log page, which includes a ToolKit (basically a what is used in Arcade repairs and typical electronic engineers' work lab). His repairs' log is good, but very high level.

Arcade-Museum Manuals Page : The website is full of information, but I find their list of manuals great. I normally go to the video games manual section for reference.

IC PinOuts : pretty obvious! warning shagadelic colour scheme!

I am certain there are loads that can go in a Glossary Terms Chuck's Glossary of Arcade and Wiki
Obviously, I have noticed many of the members on this forum contributing links/guides/tutorials and I believe those also belong on the technical page (as well as their well earned status of a sticky on the forum).

That said, if we are going to stick to the stickies on the forum and abandon the technical page on the website, should that be deleted... food for thought.

This post turned up to be longer than I expected!

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:01am
Thank you - muddymusic has a project on the go to update all of the landing pages so you're feedback is taken on board and appreciated!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

BrightDarkness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrightDarkness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:03am
Thanks Alpha1... I would be happy to help where possible.

Great work guys...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic