ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club  (attendees 1st post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Ukvac meet 2018 @Arcade club (attendees 1st post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:01pm
Great to meet you all again fellas, really enjoyed myself and played loads of games.

Got really into EFTPOTRM as its the first time I played it on a real cab (had it on the amiga)
and tried out a few of the rhythm games... the yellow Nintendo one was pretty fun.

Big thanks to Steve Bonehead, for coming to the rescue after my car conked out just as we were going to leave Hug

Wow, Arcade club is really busy nowadays! Thanks, and well done Andy, for hosting the meet and making the venue a success.

See you all at the next one.

Looking for: Nice working monitors for my US games.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:46am
Another great weekend! But never enough time to chat to everyone and play everything too!
Cheers to everyone who made it all happen! Thumbs Up

I'm happy to do a more up to date labelled photo if people would fine it useful (the last was 3 years ago wasn't it?).

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:57am
Sounds like you all had a great time, but I've got to know, what's EFTPOTRM?
Chunksin View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:04pm
Escape from the planet of the Robot Monsters!
Chunksin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:11pm
Just wanted to thank Andy and team and all involved in organising the meet this year, had a blast and met loads of new folk from the forum. Special thanks to moomootown for driving Thumbs Up
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 2:33pm
Cheers Chunksin.
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 2:49pm
A great weekend! :) thank you to everyone involved AC Staff and all the UKVaC carbooters :D - the look on Julian’s face (our lead tech) as more and more items arrived in the workshop was priceless :D
I managed to talk to quite a few of you, but not all, our hobby is as alive and vibrant as ever! I intend to take us all to even greater heights in the future.
Until the next meet wherever that may be...

Andy

Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
vids View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:11pm
just back home ,errrr missed the photo shoot LOL talked to 2 members of the ukvac crew and spent lots of time with son playing games and having a blast Big smile oh and saw alex just as he was leaving so not a very successful meet and chat maybe next time LOL

Edited by vids - 17 Sep 2018 at 3:12pm
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:13pm
Just got back, thankfully much better journey home!   Many thanks to Andy and all at AC for looking after us so well as always.  Thanks to Alex for organising (sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you!) and for everyone else who made it a great event again!   So much fun chatting and playing with loads of people, some old friends, some new!   As always didn't get a chance to speak to everyone, apologies if I missed you!

Personal highlights, the cat herding of UKVAC for the photo, playing many 2 player games (and generally getting my ass kicked) with Greg, getting beaten multiple times by Bazfish's Arcade Savant on Warlords, a monumental Hypersports game with Frothmeister and finally being taught how to play Bomb Jack by Flinnster after all these years (it's actually a great game!).  

Cheers,

Dan
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:18pm
Actually I was passing on 3rd hand BombJack info. We know who the king of that game was at the weekend.
Right now we're all trying to figure out the dip switches for our home cabs (ours are not playing like the cab at AC!), then let the highscore challenge continue! It's a great game Thumbs Up

And vids, we can photoshop your head into the crowd on the photo, we have the tech Wink
(Hell Chunksin looks like we did that already on one of the photos!)

Cheers Andy for letting us hide spare parts in every availalble space in the building! LOL

Edited by Flinnster - 17 Sep 2018 at 3:27pm

neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:18pm
To reiterate all that has already been said.

A fabulously wonderful event. Hosts - Impeccable. Venue - Outstanding. Company - exquisite.

Until the next.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey kong upright; Centipede upright.
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:10am

Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet cabs
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:22am
That's a crime watch lineup right there!
Dont feed the Fcuking trolls
rotunda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:54am
Seeing a Cosmic Avenger cabinet for the first time was the highlight for me. I've never seen one before but I played the port on Colecovision when i was like... 5? 6? 

Epic moment... I need one!!!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by AnDyC AnDyC wrote:

That's a crime watch lineup right there!

Last seen, attempting to slide an Outrun DLX down a fire escape.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic