ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Free Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Various bits and bobs (FREE Daytona cabinet ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Various bits and bobs (FREE Daytona cabinet ;)
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:22am
Work has stalled on my garage conversion whilst I'm laid up with a bad back so I've decided to have a clear out to make some room for when I'm back on my feet again.

All for free: -

- Virtua Cop 2 mirror and front glass (Should also fit Virtua Cop 1 and House of the Dead 1 and 2). I can take a pic if you like, but if you imagine a large shiny square and a rectangular pane of glass, you'll get the idea Pic of glass below Big smile Collection only on this, I'm afraid, as they're far too delicate to post.

- 2 fibreglass control panels Now free as they're in the way. They weigh about 2kg so postage will be about £7 but you're welcome to collect from Iwade in Kent. Taken

- Sega Touring Cars dashboard motor Any use to anyone? It came off the back of a dashboard that I stripped to salvage the plastics. It's untested and _VERY_ big / heavy so pickup only, Im afraid. Or maybe you just want the gears off the back of it if yours are worn? I posted this before but If there are no takers this time it'll be off to the tip as soon as my back allows me to pick it up Big smile

- 2 x Game Elfs (the horizontal ones) I've still got 2 of these. One hangs on the Game Elf splash page and the other hangs if you leave it on the game select page for too long. Take one, take both - Just pay the P&P. Both taken within 5 minutes Shocked If only I could get rid of the stuff above as fast LOL

Single Daytona woody cabinet ON HOLD (again) But don’t get too excited... most of the Daytona goodness has been stripped. I bought this a few months ago for the Daytona spares and was going to convert the rest into a Mame racer. As space is a premium (isn't it always?) and thinking I was going to keep it, I ‘flat packed’ it to reduce space. However, it’s still in the way, and I doubt I’ll get round to Maming it any time soon so it may as well go to someone who'd make use of it. Unlike my Virtua Fighter, which is screwed, dowelled and glued together, Sega seem to have forgotten the glue on these ones, which means it flat-packed really easily and should go back together just as easily too. The good news then is that it should fit into a car quite easily Big smile

It looked like this before I attacked it with a socket set and screwdriver: -

And now it looks like this: -

Not all the stuff in that picture is included though, as I need the Daytona boards,steering wheel and some of the other bits.

What’s included for FREE! : -

- Base
- Wooden cabinet
- Seat
- Cabinet speakers
- Monitor surround
- Dashboard (but no wheel / buttons / steering mech)
- Many, many screws / bolts

What isn’t included: -
- All Daytona / sundry boards from the base (it didn’t have the cage in it when I got)
- Pedals (But I may be able to sort you some out for some £)
- Steering wheel (But I’ve probably got a rough one somewhere you can have)
- Steering mech (Again, I'll probably be able to sort you out an untested one from the black hole shed)
- Dashboard buttons
- Shifter (Again, if you need one I've probably got one in the spares pile for some £)
- Monitor (It wasn’t in there when I got it)
- Seat subwoofer (does the woody have an under-seat subwoofer? It wasn't there on this one, anyway)

One of the bolts which connects the wooden cabinet to the base has sheered off in the base, so you can either wrench it out with some hefty grips or just trim it off and forget about it. It's sturdy enough with all the others tightened up.

This would be perfect for a Mame conversion. But collection only, obvs. In it's flat-packed state it should go into most cars with the passenger seat down (The long base unit is by far the biggest piece)

More to add as I dig stuff out in between taking the pain killers Smile

Cheers,
Rob

Edited by channel27 - 06 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
Friedgoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friedgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
Hmmmm

I have a really bad cabinet from a youth centre which has point blank in, the screen sits directly at the front and thought about either building a cabinet or something similar which would allow me to use a mirror system, this could come in handy eh?
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:05am
Bump with more stuff added
Wanted
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:58am
Bump consolidating some bits from another thread and some pics added
Wanted
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Bump. 

Faulty Game Elf's anyone?

Last call for the dashboard motor and VC2 stuff as the better my back gets the closer they get to going to the tip Big smile
Wanted
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:17am
Bump with a semi-stripped Daytona woody cab.

Anyone want the Virtua Cop glass / mirror? I know it's only a bit of glass and a mirror but I really don't want to tip it Cry

Edited by channel27 - 08 Oct 2018 at 9:37am
Wanted
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 7:00pm
Bump.
Daytona's back. Someone come get it, pleeease? Big smile
Wanted
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:25pm
Wow yeah, please don't tip that Daytona, it's too good for that, even with all the missing bits.

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Wow yeah, please don't tip that Daytona, it's too good for that, even with all the missing bits.

Don’t worry. I wouldn’t really tip it. I wouldn’t be able to look at myself in the mirror :D
Wanted
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:20am
Cant believe the Daytona hasn't gone yet, old PC and screen and this could be a cracking multi racer, they look pretty good with a 32" LCD
Friedgoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friedgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:13pm
I would love it, too far away though and much too broke for a project. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic