ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Vector Arcade Machine - Pre Flight Checks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RolyRetro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 2:47pm
I've been working through the checks on the power brick of my Star Wars arcade, all passed ok, now moving onto the AR2.

I don't have the sense mod fitted, but is the testing process the same? It wasn't 100% clear from the post and I want to be sure before testing any further.

Cheers

Alex
ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 7:44pm
You need the sense mod fitted to be able to check the 5v correctly without anything plugged in to the AR2 output as otherwise the regulator has no feeback and will wind the output up.

I have used 6v lamps or two 3v in series to provide a bit of a load in the past but its not that essential.

Edited by ColinD - 12 Jun 2016 at 7:44pm
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 10:27pm
I just sense modded 2 AR boards this evening and have ordered a 5W 10Ohm axial resistor to give it a load.
Been watching RGP's YouTube videos on it all; top stuff.
NES4Life
-------------
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic