Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Very simple paint question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very simple paint question
    Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 12:54am
I jumped straight in with my first pin (Judge Dredd) and stripped it down to clean and restore anything broken. I installed LED's and modified it with new crane, planet ring and ROM.

But for some reason I have stopped at touching up the cabinet paint and artwork as I don't really know what the best paint is. The first thing I want to sort out is very minor but is annoying me.

Both bottom corners of the back box are missing some paint and the wooden sliders on the back don't have a lot of paint left on them. See pictures below

All I want to do is repaint these bits black to match the rest as best as possible. I know it sounds silly but what paint do you guys recommend. I didn't want to paint it with something that I later find out is going to make the wood warp or something silly like that. Seen a few things talk about spraying but I don't really want to do this as it will be messy inside the house and will need to mask everything off.

Any suggestions on best type of paint for this?

Thank you

WTB: Sega Rally 1 or 2, Crazy Taxi, Super Chexx Bubble Hockey.

http://bubbob.retro.me.uk/
joe34 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 1:31am
i would say an oil based paint as that would be durable
try to determine which finish (eg. gloss, matte, satin)  would best match up with the existing paint

ps. and whatever you use, watch out for brush marks ...  maybe use a little roller or something Smile

Edited by joe34 - 18 Aug 2015 at 1:48am
Paulieboy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 8:16pm
Hi I repainted all the faded blood red on my Bram Stokers Dracula with those small airfix model paints. Brush marks dissappeared as the paint takes some time to dry and left a great finish.
The Space Invader Museum
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 8:19pm
Oh my lord , He had to wait 7 years for the answer Ermm

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 9:36pm
Like watching paint dry
Infurious View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 8:50am
Better late than never, I suppose.
Wanted:
Dead, defunct, stripped or way beyond repair arcade PCBs. (Please don't toss them 😬)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic