Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Video Game rotary cab and games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video Game rotary cab and games
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:06pm
Hi there,

I've got a few project cabs and this keeps slipping to the bottom of the list, so I'm considering moving this on. Smile

It's a generic 'Video Game' cab produced by C.D.A. Electronic.  The cab is solid, but has been stored in a barn and needs a complete going over.  I haven't switched it on, but assume the chassis requires a rebuild.

At some point rotary controllers have been fitted.  The yellow rotary top is missing on the left stick.  Each stick 'clicks' at 45 degree increments as they should.

The metal work is rusty and will require repainting.

Inside the cab were manuals for the monitor and Guerrilla War.

I got three rotary boards from the Op - Ikari Warriors and two Guerrilla War boards.  The boards are in very clean condition, but unfortunately all three are dead.  These boards will be included with the cab.

Here are some pics.

Valuations would be appreciated. Smile
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:12pm
mmmmm nice cab, I'd love this, got too many projects at the mo though

not sure on value? £200? 

be nice to see it restored!
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
jase38 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:49pm
Thanks for that. Thumbs Up

Any more thoughts before I put it up for sale? Smile
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:23am
Yeah, £200 seems fair.
NES4Life
-------------
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:38am
I'd gladly take that at £200 dude. I've had 3 dedicated rotary cabs and they've all gone, Midnight Resistance is one of my fave games ever and got a couple of other rotary pcbs here too with nothing to play them on. The boards are a nice little extra to get with the cab and make it worth getting them repaired at that price.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
yoganuggy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoganuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:22am
Guys, rotary sticks alone go for 150+ Ebay.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:39am
If separate the lots.

£200 seems well under valued with all those boards.

Hence people jumping at it.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:47am
Yeah, 200 is far too cheap for what's offered, even if the boards are dead, 100+ the cab, same for the boards, same again for the sticks etc.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:53am
It's all broken though guys. Monitor needs work, cabinet is rusty, bits missing from sticks and 3 completely dead boards. I don't think the £200 values are too silly.

18 months ago you could buy brand new rotary sticks from arcadeshop.de for 65 euros a piece.

Edited by muddymusic - 24 May 2020 at 11:54am
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:12pm
In the right hands (many here) that's not a lot of expense to fix up though, and the dead boards could be as simple as the psu beign borked, there's no mention of how they were tested.

Start at at least £300/350 and see how the interest goes, you can always lower but you cant go up in price!
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:13pm
I’d say £350 minimum.

Probably get takers at £400
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by ZedEx48K ZedEx48K wrote:

In the right hands (many here) that's not a lot of expense to fix up though, and the dead boards could be as simple as the psu beign borked, there's no mention of how they were tested.

Start at at least £300/350 and see how the interest goes, you can always lower but you cant go up in price!

This is exactly it.

Probably a 70 job to get the monitor working. Then you’ve got a cab which with a replacement stick top probably worth £350.

Then you’ve got a load of boards which would go for about £100 in their own right.

So if you’re saying £200. That means you send the chassis off to Grant & £70 later you have a minimum of £450 worth of stuff even if you don’t get a board working.

If you can get those boards up there’s probably £700 worth of gear here. If you can’t and get the monitor serviced. £450
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:44pm
Obviously, this is worth at least $1,000,000.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:53pm
At least I know who not to take on a raid now LOL
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

At least I know who not to take on a raid now LOL
LOL
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:10pm
At the end of the day it’s worth what someone is willing to pay. If I had room, time, and lack of projects myself I’d probably pay £300

Jase is always selling stuff cheap on the forum. So be good to see him getting a decent deal here.

My logic is based on the fact I’ve been sold and seen dead cabs on here before valued at around £175 when I was a rookie. So I just can’t see how a cab needing a chassis service and 3 boards is only worth £25 more.

But then maybe that’s a different issue.

Either way, good luck with whoever picks it up & with the sale.

I’m sure Olly would make a lovely job of it.
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:16pm
£300 is fair imo, considering the work needed and repair costs. You’d be £600 deep at least by the time it’s restored with 2 working games.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:20pm
Maybe it's my age, but I'm much more cynical/pessimistic. A lot Ifs, Maybes and Probablys don't count for much. Personally, I see a nice little cab, but with a lot of work and (almost certainly) expense to get it in shape.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:30pm
Love the artwork on that cab, very late 80s/early 90s. What are measurements?  Tough to value, yes parts are worth money on their own, but I would have thought realistically £200 considering the sticks are going to need repair etc and it likely does not work.  Perhaps up to £250 with the 3 boards as a good forum price. Would be nice to see it remain a Rotary cab rather than have a 1000 in 1 shoved in it.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:45pm
300 for cab and games
Minus 200 for pcb repairs
Minus 100 for monitor
Minus 100 for bits
Minus 100 for bobs

Total of minus 200

So the seller should offer the buyer 200 quid to take it away. That's mathematics people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic