ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

virtual pinball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: virtual pinball
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:27pm
I planned to buy a virtual pinball machine, so you have a tip what to look out for. Import directly from Asia, or rather build it yourself? What kind of hardware is good, which is not recommended? What needs to be clarified? Thanks!
badgerme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:01pm
I've built a couple myself in the past and they are a doddle to make!

I even added a Microsoft Kinect Sensor bar for head tracking and it was pretty cool to play with!

Cost me about £500 all in for a 32" playfield and a 19" backglass... 
Looking for Rainbow Islands or Bubble Bobble Original PCBs
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by badgerme badgerme wrote:

I even added a Microsoft Kinect Sensor bar for head tracking and it was pretty cool to play with!

Any tips as that's my next project once I've got the SR3 working.

I have the ROMZ etc...

alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:17pm

Sounds interesting, thank you for sharing your experience with me. Did you take the case from an old fliper or made it yourself?  If so, how did you proceed?
badgerme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:21pm
I basically already had a lockbar and side armour from my Back to the Future Pinball Cab as I replaced them with new parts from the states. I then made the cab the same width as my BTTF cab so the lock bar fit nicely, and then used a 32" 1080p LG TV which fit perfectly. I then made a bezel out of thick black card for where it didn't meet the sides and build the cab slightly shorter so that it was as long as the TV.

The back glass I made purely custom and not based on anything as I wanted to make a smaller pinball machine so it didn't take up as much space as a full sized pin does.

Fantazia2 View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:23pm
I think we need some pictures here. Thumbs Up
Setch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
The nice admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Setch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:41pm
moved to the pinball section :)
Wanted:
Model 2 Video Board, Model 3 Racing ROM Boards.
Red Sega Sitdown Plastics
badgerme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm
ArcadeBase View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeBase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:05pm
Thats nice! Thumbs Up

alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 6:34am
Great! This looks very nice Thumbs Up

ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:27am
I've made a couple, built the mini one as space was an issue and the big one was off elsewhere.

badgerme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:41am
Very nice indeed - I was tempted to built a mini one for myself with a foldable backglass - what size screens did you use for the playfield and backglass?
alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:47am
Cool Cool thanks for sharing
Originally posted by ZedEx48K ZedEx48K wrote:

I've made a couple, built the mini one as space was an issue and the big one was off elsewhere.

alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Has anyone experienced the use of a 4k monitor?
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:58am
I can understand with these you get to play all the tables in one machine but nothing beats the real thing.
Surely playing a virtual pin is no different from playing it on an iPad but just it takes up loads of room.
Spend the money on a cheap title original table.

Just my opinion.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 10:00am
I'm also wanting to make one...

Consider Addressable LEDS like this...

Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

I can understand with these you get to play all the tables in one machine but nothing beats the real thing.Surely playing a virtual pin is no different from playing it on an iPad but just it takes up loads of room.
Spend the money on a cheap title original table.

Just my opinion.

I know this doesn't replace a real pinball, I already have a real one. if I had the space I would buy all the pinballs I want to play, but unfortunately the space is limited. That's why I want to solve this with a virtual pinball machine.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
Not to mention pinball machines are stupid expensive! I'd quite like a virtual pinball, but think I'd rather buy a ready made one, than build one as I don't know anything about the subject.
alfa75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Not to mention pinball machines are stupid expensive! I'd quite like a virtual pinball, but think I'd rather buy a ready made one, than build one as I don't know anything about the subject.

I expand my knowledge, as a trained electrician and computer scientist with experience in repairs of any equipment I dare to do it now. You can place an order with me, delivery time 2-3 years Wink
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by alfa75 alfa75 wrote:

Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

I expand my knowledge, as a trained electrician and computer scientist with experience in repairs of any equipment I dare to do it now. You can place an order with me, delivery time 2-3 years Wink
OK. Cash on delivery. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic