Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Visual pin 9 plunger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visual pin 9 plunger
    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:47pm
Hi all,
Hope you can help, i can’t get the ball to launch in some games like back to the future
and Elvira. I am just using a button to launch but it makes a noise but the ball just sort of moves a bit and the plunger
doesn’t extend back it also only moves a bit?
Lots of other tables work fine.
Cheers in advance
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:14pm
You may find some tables only have one type, or both types of plungers enabled (digital & analogue).

I have had no troubles with either of those tables though, maybe try another authors version?
Thefuzz73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:40am
hi,

seems to be the data east tables ?

ta.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:01am
from memory, some you hold the button and the plunger moves back, release to fire, that way you can adjust the power even with a button.

Thefuzz73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:08am
hi,

yeah i tried that the ball just bounces a little bit, the plunger moves slightly so not sure what to do really.

on the pin mame key setting option the plunger only allows an axis of a controller to be selected and not a button press tho so i arent sure its something to do with that as i am using an encoder for the buttons.

a bit lost on this one.

ta
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:22am
No, not the original table maker, whom ever recreated it, there are lots of people doing it so there can be a few different versions.

The majority of tables are the longer you hold the button the more plunger power you get, other than say Indy Jones where you just fire the ball.

Pinmame key setting, you mean visual pinball? But it does allow for setting a plunger button.
Thefuzz73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:06pm
Hi all
So having a go at vpx now latest version and am getting this when loadin
a table ?
B2s backglass server
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I mean I aren’t a computer whiz but I aren’t an idiot either, what’s that supposed to mean?

Thanks in advance
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:36am
Do you have the B2S files in you tables dir?
Thefuzz73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:49am
HI, 
yes and named same as table file ?

ta.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:50am
No, not the backglass file, these https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553
Thefuzz73 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefuzz73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 12:15pm
hi, they all came as part of the package installer and said b2s backglass registered or something to that effect, all is ok on 995 tables with the backglass showing on 2nd screen correctly apart from the plunger issue which isnt a problem on earlier versions for some reason.

ta.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic